Shedding advice

RachelLane95

I have a panther chameleon aged roughly 10-14 months he hasnt shed with me yet but i witnesed his last shed as i bought him from my work, his last shed was 6th july. The last couple weeks he turned a paler shade than normal so i pressumed he was coming up for shed an hes started to not want to come out his viv whereas before he'd always come out. Just wanna know roughly how long it can take them to shed after turning pale I have a suspicion he will start soon as he has a couple flakes of skin around his eyes. Just want him to be happy again hes eating as usual and drinking fine and is sprayed three times a day. Thanks in advance

eh with an adult who knows.

adults shed less often, and don't always complete a full body shed.

he'll shed when hes ready.

I find some of my guys are the same way when they are going to shed. They get almost irritated by it and it makes them grumpy and not want to come out. My adults usually shed within a week or so of them going pale. If you increase his mistings it should make the process a little easier for him. :) :D I hope you get to see it this time :) I love seeing the shed process. :)

Yeah i have increased the time i am misting him for! Little grumpy sod was just sat at the door so i opened it up and put my hand out and he looked at me got up and walked off-.- and yeah the shedding process is awesome! Its always crazy how you can slightly notice the size difference when they are a bit younger and there colours just go crazy!

Back
Top Bottom