Reasons why real chams need real plants!

Finally got it all going. It is self made from old fish tank, top is all screen. Size is 12x12x24 for my 3 months old baby veiled. I got inspired by you Patrick. Thanks for all the information I could find here for free guys! This site is very helpful. :)

BTW: He didnt touch the baby tears yet.

3DJ1mdtl.jpg

Help with backgrounds...

Great work on the your babies homes....one quick question, where are you purchasing the rock/brick backgrounds and plant bowls......looks great!

Thanks
Jeff

Great work on the your babies homes....one quick question, where are you purchasing the rock/brick backgrounds and plant bowls......looks great!

Thanks
Jeff

Thanks for appreciation Jeff, he seems to like his home. All you see is made by me, even the background which took me 3 days to finish, it was hard to fit it in the tank so the crickets cant climb behind it and between the bowls. I can pretty much take it out anytime for easy cleaning. I used this tutorial to make it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDUH5B7I790

Finally got it all going. It is self made from old fish tank, top is all screen. Size is 12x12x24 for my 3 months old baby veiled. I got inspired by you Patrick. Thanks for all the information I could find here for free guys! This site is very helpful. :)

BTW: He didnt touch the baby tears yet.

3DJ1mdtl.jpg

Hate to break it to you but veileds grow VERY fast so you will need to upgrade that cage before you know it :)

Better start another project!

Very cool cage though :)

Hate to break it to you but veileds grow VERY fast so you will need to upgrade that cage before you know it :)

Better start another project!

Very cool cage though :)

I am aware of that, I have my 24x24x48 DIY cage ready to be build in next few months. I just wanted to create something nice to look at for now and this was the cheapest version. :)

EDIT: The picture was taken 3 weeks ago, I can really see how fast he grew.

Thank you for this fantastic thread! So inspiring, and now I only want about $300 worth of plants :rolleyes:. I have my son's Christmas surprise juvenile veiled in a temporary set up. I added the baby tears & a few air plants & he loves them. He has consumed about 1/2 of the baby tears' foliage in 10 days. I bought 3 of them so I am rotating them out to give them recovery time LOL. I have a question about the background: will moth orchids mount to a coconut fiber wall? They sell it by the foot at my local garden store. It piqued my interest & thought it may be worth a try.

uploadfromtaptalk1390072038122.jpg ok here is my cage I added a umbrella plant that is doing well added some air plants that have been in there for about a week and a half and a orchard plant that has been in there for a week. The orchard is still blooming but the roots were really long when I took them out of the planter now they seem dried up is that normal . I have a mist king that goes off 3 times a day for 3mins and I also upgraded my lights to a 6% light and a grow light

Plants!

Many times, people wonder what plants are best for chameleons...

Pothos variety plants are some of the best chameleon plants for indoor enclosures. They grow quickly and tolerate a wide variety of conditions. Chameleons just LOVE to climb and drink off of these plants. They can even be grown without soil. Every chameleon enclosure should have at least one. Of all the plants discussed this particular type will hold water on the leaves the longest for the chameleons to drink and not rot the plant.
Pothos_zpsfa44361a.jpg

The plant in this photo is not "pothos" (Epipremium aureum), but is an "arrowleaf" (Syngonium cv.). It is not considered as safe as "pothos".

It's about time this thread got a bump...

and I have a reason to do so:

I have imported (at great expense due to living in the UK!) four Magnaturals plant holders and ordered a Pothos, Baby's Tears, Ficus, Bromeliad and Orchid.

It's about time this thread got a bump...

and I have a reason to do so:

I have imported (at great expense due to living in the UK!) four Magnaturals plant holders and ordered a Pothos, Baby's Tears, Ficus, Bromeliad and Orchid.

I really should look into getting a chameleon at some point. :p

I'm in Tampa, and I had a hard time finding them also. I actually got some from Amazon. Shipped here and were in pretty good shape. I believe that actually came from Canada.

I'm in Tampa, and I had a hard time finding them also. I actually got some from Amazon. Shipped here and were in pretty good shape. I believe that actually came from Canada.

I just found some from a local nursery to me, that primarily specializes in cattleya orchids, but sells ferns, bromeliads, stag horns, etc... And I stumbled upon a baby tears plant there for $5

Edit: just looked on their website and it's not listed, but I don't think they update the website regularly..... I've seen them on amazon too!

It was last year that I got mine from Amazon, but I pretty sure that is paid about $12 or so including shipping.

Might be worth to give them a call, I just tried to do a 'transaction' to see what shipping to my old house address in Florida would be, but its a to be determined thing. You could always call and ask them about it though, they're super nice folks and I've bought many healthy plants from them.

Carter & Holmes Orchids
629 Mendenhall Rd.
Newberry, SC 29108

(803) 276-0579
(803) 276-0588 (fax)
[email protected]

Picture of Baby tears in a Magnatural plant holder.

how much weight does that Magnatural plant holder support? like, say I was to put it in a chameleon cage and my panther decides he wants to play around on it..... is it gonna support his weight or is it gonna fall? I'd run a vine along the top like you did, but for some chance he decides to actually get on THE PLANT HOLDER..... is it good enough to not fall off the side of the cage?

Back
Top Bottom