Picking up My first Baby Vieled Today !! Please let me know if I need anything else

Matty's Cham

Hello All !

I am brand new to the Forum. I have been lucky enough to stumble across the wealth of information. I am picking up my first ever baby Vieled today he will be aprox 1 1/2 months old. This is my setup I will list everything I have PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE let me know if there is anything else I should get or consider. I am really looking to do this 100% right and am looking to grow a very happy and healthy Chameleon !
ITEMS I HAVE I also plan to remove the bottom PVC and will replace with Mesh substitute so water drains as it falls off leaves but for the first couple weeks I will just monitor it myself. I can maintain ambient temps of 75 Degrees and have a basking Temp of 95 9 inches from light in upper right corner.

16x16x24 Reptibreeze enclosure
Zoo Med dual deep housing for lights
Reptisun 5.0 UVB
Reptisun 75 Watt basking light
Little dripper
digital thermo
analog Humidity and temp thermo
zoo med Vine and assorted dowels for homemade
Two Fake plants in each corner
One Pothos Real

Thanks in advance everyone I look forward to hearing your thoughts and I am very excited to grow and enjoy this little guy !!

Attachments

• Set up 2.JPG
    Set up 2.JPG
    233.2 KB · Views: 242
  • Setup 1.JPG
    Setup 1.JPG
    233.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Setup 3.JPG
    Setup 3.JPG
    237.8 KB · Views: 168
  • Setup 4.JPG
    Setup 4.JPG
    218 KB · Views: 178
You should definitely add a lot more vines/dowels and even more of the plants wrapping around the walkways for more hiding and getting away from the heat spots. Also, I would double check the basking temp, that seems like it might be high, but I have a panther.

Thanks for the advice ! I will definitely be adding a lot more pathways. I will also double check with my breeder when I pick him up I can easily make it cooler. I was also thinking about raising the Pothos so its right in the middle of the tank so he will easily have access to all the Thanks again !

You should definitely add a lot more vines/dowels and even more of the plants wrapping around the walkways for more hiding and getting away from the heat spots. Also, I would double check the basking temp, that seems like it might be high, but I have a panther.

Matty's Cham
Expand Collapse

Thanks for the advice ! I will definitely be adding a lot more pathways. I will also double check with my breeder when I pick him up I can easily make it cooler. I was also thinking about raising the Pothos so its right in the middle of the tank so he will easily have access to all the Thanks again !

Yah like @Virgil1972 said you will need a larger enclosure after he or she reaches 6 months of age. Your pothos will grow out fairly quickly, however I too suggest you put some more plastic foliage in there for hiding just until it does grow out. Don't be afraid to use more real plants either the more the merrier in MHO. Good luck.

I would get a bigger plant as well. Something that fills up more space. The cage you have is not big enough for a mature veiled ether.
Thank you I will be raising pothos so its in the middle of the cage so he will have ample access to the soaked leaves. I just went out and got a bag full of fake plants I will make it a jungle in there !

Yah like @Virgil1972 said you will need a larger enclosure after he or she reaches 6 months of age. Your pothos will grow out fairly quickly, however I too suggest you put some more plastic foliage in there for hiding just until it does grow out. Don't be afraid to use more real plants either the more the merrier in MHO. Good luck.
Thank you. I most certainly will be moving him when he gets bigger this is just so he gets comfortable hunting as soon as he is about 6 months I'll move him into a larger cage !

Sorry for that Guys didn't know how to tag people.

Okay so I took everyones advice. Added way more branches and pathways and tons of plants. He seems to be adjusting really well he is eating crickets when I feed him and I saw him poop today it was brown and white I think that's normal ? Obviously still very shy but I am sure he will adjust when he realizes I only bring him food :) He is getting dusted every feeding Calcium without D3, he will be getting Calcium with D3 once a week ? Is this too much ? Multivitamins every two weeks ? I have also moved the enclosure to the corner on a metal shelf which I have removed the bottom PVC and replaced with mesh now the water drips right from the leaves in the bucket below. Please give me any other tips very willing to learn !

Attachments

• Revised Setup1.JPG
    Revised Setup1.JPG
    256.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Revised Setup2.JPG
    Revised Setup2.JPG
    349.6 KB · Views: 158
  • Revised Setup3.JPG
    Revised Setup3.JPG
    291.7 KB · Views: 149
  • Revised Setup4.JPG
    Revised Setup4.JPG