pheonix worms?

eldarado

whats with them pheonix worms?they seem to be the best feeder if you ask me why don't more people use them?they pretty easy to keep and are a staple diet..what are pros and cons of them?

They're difficult to breed. Theyre small so they can be eaten in large quanities. If they were easy to make a colony put of Id say they would be a great staple. But since they're not, I use them as a calcium feeder on non Cal supplement days for my chams

They don't move enough for my chams. My b/f has to hold them with a cricket so they will eat both at the same time. Crickets are fiesty...they like them better. I just have a hard time getting them to eat any worms in general... Have you experienced this as well?

They don't move enough for my chams. My b/f has to hold them with a cricket so they will eat both at the same time. Crickets are fiesty...they like them better. I just have a hard time getting them to eat any worms in general... Have you experienced this as well?

No...

In fact they move around a LOT as long as they are yellow. When they turn black they stay still from pupating. Its also suspected that they have even more calcium when they are black, but since they don't move that is an issue. But as far as normal yellow worms, they never stay still. They have to be cup fed otherwise they end up at the bottom of the cage in seconds

too small, and some chameleon just won't eat them (mine refuse to eat them until he absolutely has to).
but, Phoenix worm is very nutritious and they contain lauric acid that help battle coccidia attacks.
and like ionomac said, the black one is even healthier. but, my chameleon only eats the yellow brown one.

On top of all of that, in many cases the chameleon does not digest the worm (if it does eat it).
All that calcium and nutrition just passes right through.
Search phoenix worms on the Chameleon food forum.
As far as I'm concerned, phoenix worms are a waste of money*.

-Brad

*My opinion and only where chameleons are concerned.

On top of all of that, in many cases the chameleon does not digest the worm (if it does eat it).
All that calcium and nutrition just passes right through.
Search phoenix worms on the Chameleon food forum.
As far as I'm concerned, phoenix worms are a waste of money*.

-Brad

*My opinion and only where chameleons are concerned.

You can get pretty large ones. They are supposed to be Nutritional Value, but it would take a lot of them

Again....
Check your chams poop.
They do not digest these feeders unless you pierce the worm before feeding it to your chameleon.

-Brad

Back
Top Bottom