ok... Freaking out!!

Pablothecow

my cham is laying on the bottom of her cage and she dug in the sand in her cage this morning. but i wont b home for like 5 hours. do u think she can last that long without her laying bin?? im super scared :(

I read in the past about some people who made a large laying bin, garbage can sized. Filled it with sand but not high enough for her to be able to climb out. Put a cover over it for safety and then really there isn't any where for her to go but down into the sand.

I think it was Jann B's blog post....not 100% sure

if she is just starting to dig around now, then I would say you have a little bit of time but you still need to act quick to solve the issue

I read in the past about some people who made a large laying bin, garbage can sized. Filled it with sand but not high enough for her to be able to climb out. Put a cover over it for safety and then really there isn't any where for her to go but down into the sand.

if she is just starting to dig around now, then I would say you have a little bit of time but you still need to act quick to solve the issue

This is some good advice and the easiest thing you can do, go for it.

It was indeed Jann's blog: link

I have done this before, works wonders for those problematic females.

Make sure you leave her alone! She will not lay if you continue to try to interact with her, including sneaking a peek during the process, which in could end fatally.

In some of my cases, I would put the laying bin inside of the cage and would even purchase a vine like plant so that I could take out the main plant from the enclosure. I would then put the laying bin in, along with the new vine type plant, and artificial vines to provide even more climbing space.

-Chase

Thanks guys. I will b home in about an hour or so and will start to work on it. Does she need the heat lamp while in the laying bin? And should I leave her in there until she's done? Even if it takes a couple days? Cuz she won't get food or water if I'm not supposed to disturb her...

Back
Top Bottom