Dropping Eggs Not Using Bin

Thank you for the update. If she needs surgery, do not wait. The stronger they are the better chance they have to recover from surgery. I’ve had 6 girls spayed over my 15+ years of keeping.
I’m bringing her in tomorrow to their sister vet because she still hasn’t dropped any more than the 4 eggs since Friday. As of now, she has dropped a total of 31 eggs.

I’m more worried about her now than I was before because now I know for a fact there’s more eggs in there & they’re not coming out 😢

I’m bringing her in tomorrow to their sister vet because she still hasn’t dropped any more than the 4 eggs since Friday. As of now, she has dropped a total of 31 eggs.

I’m more worried about her now than I was before because now I know for a fact there’s more eggs in there & they’re not coming out 😢
Yikes. Ya i'd take her in ASAP for a second opinion. She needs some kind of medical intervention at this point.

Got it. Do you know what to look for in terms of signs of distress?
I don’t, but I know she’s been acting like her normal self in terms of appetite, thirst, where she hangs out, & where she usually sleeps, as well as her coloring.

I don’t, but I know she’s been acting like her normal self in terms of appetite, thirst, where she hangs out, & where she usually sleeps, as well as her coloring.
Ok keep an eye out for dark colors, sunken eyes, eyes closed, loss of appetite, hanging out at the bottom of her enclosure.

Hey y’all ~
I wanted to update you…
Titan laid all her eggs without any intervention. She had 43. I’ve been feeding her wax worms & lots of calcium coated crickets. She’s a happy camper right now 🩵

Thank goodness! Feed her well for a couple of days and then you want to start her on a reduced diet of 3-4 feeders, 3 days a week. Along with this is keeping her basking temp no higher than 80. This will help reduce the number of eggs she produces and possibly the frequency which she lays, which will help reduce the risk of complications. 43 is a lot of eggs. The goal is to have 20 or less.

Back
Top Bottom