Now What?

Go ahead and use the search engine :)
Theres alot of stuff on here on what temps to use for incubation and how
to feed the babies and help the momma recover after,
and laying bin suggestions.

But a warning for you,
Taking care of babies is a big responsibilty and ALOT of money and time
consuming.

If you not ready I wouldn't incubate them.

If you do decide to incubate them were all here to help you along :)

You guys are rough! LOL It was no accident that two Pedegree Panthers end up in the same cage. Maybe its not that I don't know what to do but I what want what could be the best. I'm finding a lot of people have self centered issues and figure if they had to pay the price so can everyone else. No problem there I will be fine. People with friend show themself friendly.

At the same time though, this mating wasn't completely an accident. If he was planning on breeding them that sort of implies that you've researched what to do beforehand, or that you should have. With such a bounty of information to be found using the search (these type of threads pop up at like 3 a week!), it's not hard to find the info on your own. We can't do ALL the work for everyone :p

The thing is, there are many keepers on here that just repeat what they read. Regardless if it is correct or not they have no experience and cannot elaborate on their post;)

First off, congrats on the successful mating.

Once the female gets impregnated it will be around 30 days until she lays. Could be more could be less. She may get very unrestful in the later stages going off food and searching the cage for a suitable spot. Or she could just act normal up until the point she wants to lay. A nice large laying bin inside the enclosure may work. It needs to be of a good size. 12x12x12 at least. Fill it up with sand, soil or a mix of both. I like to mix them to 1/3 sand 2/3 sifted topsoil. I get the cheap stuff for like 1.50 a bag and sift it myself. Once she starts digging around she may dig test holes for a day or more. Make sure NOT to let her see you when she is digging. Putting something over the cage so she cannot see you is what most people do. If she does not lay the eggs but is digging test holes for days and it is close or past her term then you may want to try a different approach. You can use a plastic trash bin filled up with your choice of laying medium. Put a light source shinning down in the bin. Do not put any plants or anything in the bin just bare floor. Since she cannot escape it will give her only a few options. Keep digging tests or actually lay. Some females seem to prefer the trash can method. I would suspect its because the laying medium is actually the ground and not raised above ground level like a bin in the cage. After she lays incubate the eggs. I will let Jim do the rest of the talking for that one. Go to chameleoncompany.com and look at the breeding article. It will give you more info on the process and incubation.

Hope this helps a bit:)

Edit: Do not fill the bin up all the way when inside the cage. This way the dirt doesnt spill and she has what she dug out to pack back in the hole.

LOL Lots of work before that day can come. If I'm successfull though they have the potential to be some spantacular babies.
The Male is from Sire linage of Tsara-mandoko
The Female is from Sire linage of Odre-ahy (Oh My!)

Ive read that the females will retain sperm from the male, so you will probably be having more than just once fertile clutch in the future :p. Ship one my way when they are old enough, im more than willing to take one off your hands :D

Thanks for info ! A+ for tips! My bin is too full and I did not sift the dirt . I will fix this.

The thing is, there are many keepers on here that just repeat what they read. Regardless if it is correct or not they have no experience and cannot elaborate on their post;)

First off, congrats on the successful mating.

Once the female gets impregnated it will be around 30 days until she lays. Could be more could be less. She may get very unrestful in the later stages going off food and searching the cage for a suitable spot. Or she could just act normal up until the point she wants to lay. A nice large laying bin inside the enclosure may work. It needs to be of a good size. 12x12x12 at least. Fill it up with sand, soil or a mix of both. I like to mix them to 1/3 sand 2/3 sifted topsoil. I get the cheap stuff for like 1.50 a bag and sift it myself. Once she starts digging around she may dig test holes for a day or more. Make sure NOT to let her see you when she is digging. Putting something over the cage so she cannot see you is what most people do. If she does not lay the eggs but is digging test holes for days and it is close or past her term then you may want to try a different approach. You can use a plastic trash bin filled up with your choice of laying medium. Put a light source shinning down in the bin. Do not put any plants or anything in the bin just bare floor. Since she cannot escape it will give her only a few options. Keep digging tests or actually lay. Some females seem to prefer the trash can method. I would suspect its because the laying medium is actually the ground and not raised above ground level like a bin in the cage. After she lays incubate the eggs. I will let Jim do the rest of the talking for that one. Go to chameleoncompany.com and look at the breeding article. It will give you more info on the process and incubation.

Hope this helps a bit:)

Edit: Do not fill the bin up all the way when inside the cage. This way the dirt doesnt spill and she has what she dug out to pack back in the hole.

Thanks for info ! A+ for tips! My bin is too full and I did not sift the dirt . I will fix this.

If the dirt has some clumps its not that bad. Its just the cheapo stuff I buy has some bits of rock and woodchips here and there. I highly doubt it would cause any trouble and of course no one sifts the ground for them in the wild:rolleyes: But it probably makes it a little easier;)

Hey Cuda congratulations those are going to be some colorful babies!!

Take extra care of your female, make sure you keep up on your calcium and gut load! (not saying you don't ;) )

Now for the long wait ;)

i forgot to say Congrats:D:cool:

And i am all for self learning and eduacting one's self but as people it doesnt hurt to ask "experienced" people some pointers they found out after dealing with breeding;)

Plus idk about Cali being cold, but thru thick and thin, rain or snow, heat or wind...im always feeling sunny with a bright side:p
...maybe Pssh coldness actually cooled the weather...:rolleyes::p..jk

eh thats just MHO:cool:

Blah. You're a butt. I helped you learn some stuff, like how to be independent and responsible. Don't rely on us cool katz here on the forums for all your info. It really looks like you needed me to tell you to do your research. If you had planned to breed them and know how this forum works, then you should have been able to use the search function. Be responsible. You are officially dealing with a life altering situation that may or may not kill your female in the near future. JMO.

I'm sure hes thankful but just because you let him learn things doesn't mean he has any obligations to you in anyway. Also if he wants to rely on other people that's his choice not yours to make. He said he did it intentionally so if it all works out bad that's his problem and not your so no need to be harsh over it I think his right you are smart ill give you that but your still immature and have lot to learn about other things. congrats cuda on your project.

Thanks . She is getting silkworms to aid in the calcium. My crickets eat great too.

Hey Cuda congratulations those are going to be some colorful babies!!

Take extra care of your female, make sure you keep up on your calcium and gut load! (not saying you don't ;) )

Now for the long wait ;)

Back
Top Bottom