Not sure if pregnant, or just fat...

Zeus34

I bought my female veiled last friday from another person and noticed she was a little fat. I thought she was just overfed but i had a few doubts. I cleaned out the cage the man gave me and placed a live plant in her section. I noticed she kept on going to the bottom of the cage and i just thought she didnt like the new setup, so i moved her back to her normal setup. On sunday i presented my male to her and she showed mating colors and so i left them alone for a while and they didnt get it the first try so i let them go for a second one and im not sure if they were successful or not. From the day i got her to sunday she would eat. On monday she ate a few crickets and today she didnt eat any so i figured she was ready to lay her eggs but she wasnt showing gravid coloration. So i just got a big box, filled it with dirt for outside, and placed her it. She didnt lay any eggs so i took back to her cage and checked to see if she would reject the male and she did. She is a year and a half old and partially healthy. Her first clutch was layed in june of this year. So basically my questions are, How can you tell if they are done mating and is she pregnant??

Attachments

• 20120918_194910.jpg
    20120918_194910.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 20120918_194936.jpg
    20120918_194936.jpg
    256.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 20120918_194943.jpg
    20120918_194943.jpg
    258 KB · Views: 158
why do you say she is "partially healthy"? if this is so, why are trying to breed her? Shouldn't you be worrying about her health issues first??

Well when i got her, her eyes were sunken in due to dehydration, but now she is getting water, and they are coming back out.

ok, I did not knot know what you meant by that and you surely do not want to breed a chameleon that is not healthy.

If she is rejecting the male them she is likely gravid since they were together. She might lay the eggs 30 or so days from the mating depending on where she was in her cycle when they mated.

Well, first im not sure if they finished mating. You know how they take "breaks". And second, she mated with another male before this one i have, so she still might have lefover sperm

Back
Top Bottom