New little guy!

Lol and because I can't stop lovin' on him... I went to check on my pump after the most recent misting (It was trying to be all leaky on me) and I spotted THIS! He drank this leaf clean and didn't have a single care in the world that I was watching/filming him. Such a different personality to Little Guy. It's so neat to see him do normal things like drinking, since chams usually aren't keen on being seen. I've also NEVER seen him puff up. Chillest of chill.

It's neat watching the muscles/anatomy in his jaw work, and that little tongue going at it. I think animals are absolutely fascinating and chameleons are no exception. It was an honor to get to see something they're usually so secretive about!

PS I was watching Red Letter Media review the Freddy movies, so ignore the stuff in the background. Not sure how to mute audio on a youtube video lol.

Lol and because I can't stop lovin' on him... I went to check on my pump after the most recent misting (It was trying to be all leaky on me) and I spotted THIS! He drank this leaf clean and didn't have a single care in the world that I was watching/filming him. Such a different personality to Little Guy. It's so neat to see him do normal things like drinking, since chams usually aren't keen on being seen. I've also NEVER seen him puff up. Chillest of chill.

It's neat watching the muscles/anatomy in his jaw work, and that little tongue going at it. I think animals are absolutely fascinating and chameleons are no exception. It was an honor to get to see something they're usually so secretive about!

PS I was watching Red Letter Media review the Freddy movies, so ignore the stuff in the background. Not sure how to mute audio on a youtube video lol.

Oh my goodness! That is so precious!!

The look Boogie gives me when he realizes I hit a branch while reaching in and dumped his ENTIRE food bowl into his money plant....

I'm going to see a bunch of magical BSFLs darting around, and in like 4 months, full grown Dubias climbing the walls 🫠😶

Oh well. Today he gets to do some hunting if the replacement food I put in his bowl is too boring.

Attachments

• 20231111_083015.jpg
    20231111_083015.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 24
The look Boogie gives me when he realizes I hit a branch while reaching in and dumped his ENTIRE food bowl into his money plant....

I'm going to see a bunch of magical BSFLs darting around, and in like 4 months, full grown Dubias climbing the walls 🫠😶

Oh well. Today he gets to do some hunting if the replacement food I put in his bowl is too boring.

He's so cute!

Your BSFL may not take quite that long. When I put them in Spikes enclosure, they're popping out in a couple weeks MAX. I swear sometimes it seems like a few days or so.

FWIW I am specifically (and only) putting them at the bottom of his enclosure inside the big pots of his palm trees. But for some reason idk they're hatching very regular for me, and Spike loves them 😋

Lolllll he's at least going for bowl food first. Finally got a snapshot of him eating! He'll let me record him drinking, sure, but eating? No sir. He'll eat out of the cup in my hand but heaven forbid I hold the phone up too. He locks up and out waits me lol.

He's so cute!

Your BSFL may not take quite that long. When I put them in Spikes enclosure, they're popping out in a couple weeks MAX. I swear sometimes it seems like a few days or so.

FWIW I am specifically (and only) putting them at the bottom of his enclosure inside the big pots of his palm trees. But for some reason idk they're hatching very regular for me, and Spike loves them 😋
Haha yeah those things hatch in such an unpredictable timeline. My previous Cham LOVED them, so I'm hoping Boogie does too! I could barely shake them out of the container into his enclosure before he snapped them up.

Lol I finally also got a little clip of him eating! Dude took food out of a bowl in my hand the first week he was here no issue. He lets me record him drinking. But heaven forbid I pull the phone out when he's shooting bugs for breakfast. He just stares at me and waits me out. No puffing up, no wandering off. Just... Waiting. Haha he's such a ham. But I got you today Boogie! Mwahaha.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231111_085530_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20231111_085530_Gallery.jpg
    110 KB · Views: 26
Lol I finally also got a little clip of him eating! Dude took food out of a bowl in my hand the first week he was here no issue. He lets me record him drinking. But heaven forbid I pull the phone out when he's shooting bugs for breakfast. He just stares at me and waits me out. No puffing up, no wandering off. Just... Waiting. Haha he's such a ham. But I got you today Boogie! Mwahaha.

What a cute little boy!

Stunning colors in the making 😍
Ahhhh I know! I can't waaaait. He's already got such vivid oranges and yellows, and underlying reds throughout, with some bits of green on his sides. Let your colors glow, Boogie!

I'll see what he looks like when I get home from work tomorrow, his shed should be freshly complete by then. He has a bit more to go on his toes and one eye.

Back
Top Bottom