New jackson pics and couple questions

kearth

So i got my pair of jacksons today ( with a 2nd female thrown in)

The second female has a tail nip and had an eye issue. I was told she got in a fight with the male. The eye looks ok now just a little dented on top. the pic will show you what I mean. But all 3 seem to have a stuck shed. Both females were house with the male so what is the chances of them being gravid. And what are gravid colors?

First female
2010_0427chams0012.jpg

2010_0427chams0013.jpg

2010_0427chams0014.jpg

Male
2010_0427chams0016.jpg

2010_0427chams0017.jpg

2010_0427chams0018.jpg

second female with the eye issue.
2010_0427chams0020.jpg

2010_0427chams0022.jpg

2010_0427chams0021.jpg

2010_0427chams0020.jpg

2010_0427chams0019.jpg

The eye does not seem to bother her. She is eating and drinking. What should I do about it?

And over all... what do you think :)

Hmmm that eye looks gnarly. And the tip of the tail a bit necrotic (dead)? I would take them all to the vet to make sure everything is in order, especially if the girls are gravid - you want them to be as healthy and strong as possible.

They're great, I'm just a little worried about that last female. Give them loooots of humidity to help with their skin, with long warm misting showers to get them hydrated

Lots of humidty and warm showers. That i can do. I will call around to the vet tomorrow.

Thank you for the advice.

She did have the tip of her tail bitten off as well. It looks like it healed nicely. It is a little black when she is stressed but after moving her into her new cage it turn back to a greenish color.

woohoo, new jackson's

all three look to be in fairly good shape overall. the male looks really hardy, the first female is almost certainly gravid, the second female with the eye issue, i am a little less certain. but if she was housed for any length of time with a male, then its more then its fairly likely. its too bad about the eye issue, it is, what it is, and i dont know that there is much you could do about it. actually, its more of a cranial issue, than an eye issue, the eye looks relatively unaffected. i suppose you could dab some liqiud vitamin E on it daily for a for a while, i but i would never do it during a shed or if a shed is anticipated within 5 or so days. i would be careful not to get it in her eye, or saturate her eylid with it. its not uncommon for them to have residual shed problems, when you first get them, usually related to slight shipping related dehydration issues. i notice in the one pic there is still what looks like a cricket leg hanging out of the side and back of her mouth. not an uncommon issue either, but still good to keep an eye on. stuff likes to get caught between the lip and the gum line, especially at the back and usually when they dont have access to a dripper to flush it out. if they are new they may not be that accustomed to the dripper in the new setup, either way, it might not be a bad idea to use a curved tip dental syringe to fush out the area between the lip and the gums all the way to the back of the mouth on all 3 chams to get them of to a good oral hygeine start. if debris sits there long enough it will likely cause a lip abcess, its a good thing to keep an eye on, and do, about every 6 months or so anyway. i would also keep an eye on that dark area at the back of the mouth on f#2.// gravid coloration jacksons can vary considerably, all the way from probably the most common the typical brown splotchy camo look, to just a few spots or even just change in hue, or in some case almost no gravid coloration whatsoever. post #5 in this thread shows both the most common, brown splotchy look, and another that displayed almost no gravid coloration https://www.chameleonforums.com/expect-babies-soon-36311/index4.html. as far as supplimentation, because jacksons are supplement sensitive, i prefer the lower dosage products like sticky tongue farms or rephashy. do you have a supplementation schedule worked out? / edit she is right the tip of the tail of female#2 does look borderline necrotic. f#1the vent looks suspicious but its hard to tell without different pics. jmo

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply.

I do have the repashy calcium plus IBC.. is that safe to use with them?

I have the herpavite but will only be using it once every 4-6 weeks. Atleast that is what i think I have read.

i do though have a gift certificate for sticky toungue farms so if there is something better suited for them please let me know and I will go ahead and get it ordered. or if you could reccommend what to spend the GC on that would be great.

I looked a littl closer at the dark spot on F #2 and it does not look like it is her skin. It looks more like she was eating and some guts oozed out. All 3 are going to get a good shower tonight to hopefully clean them up a bit and then I will get some new pictures.

SO female #1 looks gravid? Uh OH. Hopefulyl she is not very far along. Thankfully I always have tons of FF cultures going.
Thank you all very much for the help so far.

st or repashy?

I do have the repashy calcium plus IBC.. is that safe to use with them?

I have the herpavite but will only be using it once every 4-6 weeks. At least that is what i think I have read.

i do though have a gift certificate for sticky toungue farms so if there is something better suited for them please let me know and I will go ahead and get it ordered. or if you could reccommend what to spend the GC on that would be great.

SO female #1 looks gravid? Uh OH. Hopefulyl she is not very far along. Thankfully I always have tons of FF cultures going.
Thank you all very much for the help so far.
calcium plus icb is a low dosage,"all in one supplement". if you already have icb, then i would give icb once a week, and plain cal 2x a week, and use repashy super-min once a month. supermin contains low dosages of both proformed vitamin A (derived from beta carotene) and preformed vitamin a (vitamin A acetate). it should be noted that repashy products are balanced to be used with the other appropriate repashy products and sticky tongue products are balanced to be used with st products. intermixing rephasy + st, is likely to throw ratios off. if you want to use a st gc, then get st miner-all with d3 (yellow cap indoor formula) and some st vit-all. / in one of your other posts you mentioned reptivite, in this post you mentioned herptivite, reptivite and herptivite are not the same thing. reptivite and herptivite are both higher potentcy reptile multivites, but herptivite uses proformed vitamin A (derived from beta carotene), reptivite use preformed vitamin a (vitamin A acetate), repashy super min use low doses of each. so what i would do, would be to get some repashy super-min and use repashy (icb 1x a week + supermin 1x amonth) until something runs out, then you can switch to the st (miner-all+vit all) when your rephashy runs out. i wouldnt use herptivite or reptivite while using any repashy or st products, there is no need and it is probably doing more harm than good. http://www.store.repashy.com/retail/index.php?target=categories&category_id=24 http://www.reptiles.repashy.com/calciumd.htm http://www.stickytonguefarms.com/ and no doubt about it f#1 is gravid. when she gets close she will get clumsy, probably stay largely in one spot and look like she swallowed a bag of marbles, when she gets really close she will probably stop eating. she is big but she will get much bigger, and she is yet to get the marble look so i would say she is at least 2 months away but thats just sort of a wild guess. do you know how much she weighs? if you get to the point where you are confident of a successful birthing then it would be a good idea to get the neonate cage setup. a 10-20 g aquarium, or better yet a exo-terra glass terrarium, or better still, a crested gecko cage from sandfire dragon ranch. http://cgi.ebay.com/Crested-Gecko-Reptile-Cage-Habitat-U-S-A-made-New-/260479994519 you could just use a small regular cham screen cage, but it would be good to do something to raise and stabilize the humidity, at least for the first month. jmo,

Last edited:
Thank you for you help.

I do pologize for the herpavite/ reptovite confusion. The one I use currently with my frogs is the herpvite. I also use the rep-cal with d3 for them.

I think what I am going to do is go ahead and use the GC from ST and ordered what you reccomend that I get from them. I will just continue to use the repashy for the frogs so I dont end up mixing up the chams diets. DO I still keep the dosing schedule the same?

Thank you for being so very patient with me. Just trying to make sure I do everything correctly with them.

Is the indoor formula of miner- all with d3 ok to use even if they get to spend a decent amount of time out doors?

Back
Top Bottom