New Enclosure

Finally!!
Rango got moved into his new enclosure.. Took a long time and I'll admit there was a few bad words thrown around during the process, but I think it worked out pretty good..
Mostly fake plants in it for now until the nurseries open back up for spring.
And as a bonus, Rango decided to show off is colors like never before! I was wondering when he was going to show, he's so laid back that he is usually doesn't get very bright.

So far the drainage system I have seems to be working pretty good, thanks though! I was thinking something along the same lines as you have after the system went all to pot for a bit, I Only have about 2 inches from the bottom of the enclosure to the table, I might have to consider raising the enclosure up a bit if my current drainage system fails me. I'm pretty pleased with the results, I have PVC pipe all behind the foam that I ran the temperature and hygrometer probes through so you don't see the wires and they can be replaced if needed.. Only thing I wish I did was slope the base more to the back so it would channel the water to the two drains, I have to tip the whole enclosure back as it is right now. The water reservoir and the drain bucket are in the drawer.. Just waiting for Todd to get quad T5 enclosures in for more light

So far the drainage system I have seems to be working pretty good, thanks though! I was thinking something along the same lines as you have after the system went all to pot for a bit, I Only have about 2 inches from the bottom of the enclosure to the table, I might have to consider raising the enclosure up a bit if my current drainage system fails me. I'm pretty pleased with the results, I have PVC pipe all behind the foam that I ran the temperature and hygrometer probes through so you don't see the wires and they can be replaced if needed.. Only thing I wish I did was slope the base more to the back so it would channel the water to the two drains, I have to tip the whole enclosure back as it is right now. The water reservoir and the drain bucket are in the drawer.. Just waiting for Todd to get quad T5 enclosures in for more light

As great of a job you did on the quality woodworking on the enclosure, why stop there? Build your own custom base that matches the enclosure and does exactly what you want.

As great of a job you did on the quality woodworking on the enclosure, why stop there? Build your own custom base that matches the enclosure and does exactly what you want.

I probably will build a matching base at some point. I'm currently building a reptile room and when I get it done and know where I'm going to set everything up I'll know what will need to be made. Thinking about building something similar to what I have now but making it a double or a triple enclosure and without a table underneath so I can make them 7' tall.. Won't be anytime soon, maybe by the end of the year

Back
Top Bottom