New Enclosure, New Cham and stuff

RAP66

Hi All

I'm still newbie-ish here. I was looking up some info on Aquazamp stuff and found myself reading some of the enclosure threads. They all look great!!

A few weeks ago we had the reptile show at the Santa Clara Fair Grounds, I met up with Kevin to pick up my RO system and shop a bit. I picked up a nice juvie male Ambilobe Panther Cham, and a few other necessities for my other herps. I forget who I got him from, soon as I find the info I'll add it.

So on the way home I pickup my old (surviving) cham enclosure from my parents house. Last time I had chameleons, CiN was still an active & functioning group. This was only temporary while I built up a more appropriate enclosure.

Here is my old old enclosure that I kept my juvies over 15yrs ago.

DSC_3360.jpg

I dont have any in progress pictures here is the new enclosure, measures 2'x2'x4'. I used 1x2 pine which was pretty cheap (and very warped) and 1/4" pine for the bottom.

DSC_3363.jpg

DSC_3364.jpg

I use 1/8 or 1/4 hardware cloth that has been epoxy painted. I have had devastating results with screen cages. My female Veiled lost all of here toe nails to the point where she could not hold on to anything, as a result she stressed and died. So no more screen for me...

Here is one of "Popcorn"

DSC_3369.jpg

My girlfriend named him because of the ruckuss he was making in the bag when we brought him home.

And few of my reptile-computer-hobby room. Its a work in progress, still need to complete setting up my Ecozone & Aquazamp system.
Reptilewallstitchrs.jpg

in no particular order: 2 Jungle Carpet Pythons, 1 Green Tree Python, 4 Crested Geckos, 1 Nu Ami Leachie from deVosjoli, 2 adopted ball pythons, 2 mourning geckos, and a wc black widow.

Very nice! Good job on the cage man. Popcorn is a good lookin pardalis :) and you have quite the collection!

I once had a wc black widow... I caught it while working, cleaning out bait stations for mice. I was cleaning out the webs in the holes on the sides, then i opened it up and freaked out thinkin i may have gotten bit lol. But i didnt and ended up keeping her. She made it about a year

Looks noce, what local is Popcorn? He is a handsome guy :)

he's Ambilobe... I used to prefer NoseyBe or Diego Juarez BUT after seeing this guy he's quickly becoming a fav. His parents had some very intense colors.

he's Ambilobe... I used to prefer NoseyBe or Diego Juarez BUT after seeing this guy he's quickly becoming a fav. His parents had some very intense colors.
He looks good :) I wonder how will he look as an adult...

LOL! notice I cropped out the floor?
has my rc car gear, rifles & misc reptile stuff.

Looks like a real Guy Room! Lol. I think you did an awesome job on the cage build. No one else will notice if it's a little crooked here or there anyway. Put a dark varnish on it and all the flaws will hide. I know what you mean about screen. Mine has CLAWS and he does not like trying to climb on the top because it is aluminum but the sides are soft, coated pet screen. Great collection too. how about a few close-ups for us pic nuts?! Thanks for sharing. ;) Btw, the first one looks fine, too, and it could double as a spare when cleaning, or for another small chamy?

I'm due to get pix of all the critters, will work on that next week & post up in the general photog section... I'll let ya know when I have them up.

-Rich

Back
Top Bottom