My veiled turned on me =(

gregdabender

My semi docile veiled male Larry Jr. turned on me today >.<

Ive been regularlly hand feeding all my cham super worms, but today Larry Jr. made the evil hissing sound and actully lunged at me. Kinda hurt my feelings since ive been hand feeding him for awhile now. I guess hes growing up...:(

Just wanted to share my experience

My semi docile veiled male Larry Jr. turned on me today >.<

Ive been regularlly hand feeding all my cham super worms, but today Larry Jr. made the evil hissing sound and actully lunged at me. Kinda hurt my feelings since ive been hand feeding him for awhile now. I guess hes growing up...:(

Just wanted to share my experience

A big part of being a good parent is letting go.;)
How old is he?
What color of shirt were you wearing?

He may mellow out again. They go through some interesting phases in the first year of growing up.

-Brad

Awww the teenage years - when the young learns to eat the hand that feeds them. Wait is that the preteen years now these days?

A big part of being a good parent is letting go.;)
How old is he?
What color of shirt were you wearing?

He may mellow out again. They go through some interesting phases in the first year of growing up.

-Brad

He is or is very close to 1 year old. I was wearing a grey shirt.

Yea I agree ! he has went through some weird phases. He went from wanting to be picked up to avoiding me at all cost and now this. He even curled his tail up lifted his front arm and puffed up at me.

Keep trying the hand feeding....he might come back around. He might have just been having a BAD day.

I have one female who will hiss and lunge like she wants to take a bite out of my hand, but then looks at the super worm and changes her mind and grabs the worm. I think she is letting me know who is boss in her home.

Greg,Do you ever watch the Chameleon Whisperer?
You have to show him who the alpha chameleon is.
Just kidding! Its a veiled and he knows who the boss is!

are you being serious? i hope not. it's still a wild animal whether or not it was born in captivity or caught. you should expect it to be tempermental. mine hisses but i ignore it and pick him up/feed him/etc...

I got bit by my vieled today.
I was taking everyone out of the cages for their monthly visual inspections.
Tell you what, my Veileds are mean as can be!
I was headbutted by my 1 of adult males, hissed and snapped at by the females, and one nasty guy latched on good.
I just had to sit their and take it.
He left two nice size "v-shaped" bruises on my finger.

are you being serious? i hope not. it's still a wild animal whether or not it was born in captivity or caught. you should expect it to be tempermental. mine hisses but i ignore it and pick him up/feed him/etc...

Oh I knew it would happen once he reached a certain age. It just makes me a little sad. Me and Larry Jr were good buds until yesterday =P.

Nah I still like him...hes just going into another phase...ill have to post some new pics of him. hes turning into a beast.

my veiled has been a little hisser/biter since the first day i got him(3-4 months old)...and now he still does it >.< i use a glove and just move really slowly and once he is out of the cage he acts fine. I think its just him telling me its his cage and im boss in here

My Chameleon has rules. If I play within them, then I get kisses and all kinds of love sounds.
First rule, Don't try to feed or bother me first thing in the morning. I need to get warm and when I'm warmed up, I'll need to get a drink of water. That is my ritual for a nice morning.
Leave the worms in the tray/cup quietly.
Seconcd ruleDon't come into my terratory unless you absolutely have to. I'll come to you. But if you do have to come in, come in slowly and respectfully while telling me what you are doing and why.
Thrid rule Sing to me and flatter me. Tell me how beautiful I am and I'll let you kiss me right on my snout multiple times in a row.
[BFouth rule
Show me different insects until I see the one I want to eat and you can pet my head and even my casque and tummy. Sometimes I want to shot for it, and sometimes I want to just grab it from your fingers. Get a clue!
Fifth ruleSpend time with me every single day OR I'll be wildly mad at you the following day. I don't forget, so remember what you didn't do the day before and make it up to me.
Sixth ruleDo not underestimate my intellegence or my emotional ability. Sweet talk me. mmm and pet me again and don't forget to say goodnight before the light goes out.
Seventh ruleKeep me clean and stink free or I'll bust outta here and then you'll have to find me and then I'm gonna be pissed!!! And don't EVEN try to put me back in my cage until it is spotless!!!
Eighth ruleShow me new things now and again to stimulate my mind but leave my furniture alone. Put it back exactly as it was after cleaning it.
Ninth ruleTake me on my own tree, out to sun bathe at least once a week if not more.
Tenth rule Bring me a MATE for a visit. Even though I let you touch me and kiss me, it's not enough. Now you can kiss my ................................................. snout.

Ive been regularlly hand feeding all my cham super worms

Try changing what you offer him? My young male VC goes mad for regular meal worms and even comes running when there is a wax worm about! I've just ordered some silk worms so hopefully that will vary his diet/treats even more.

Oh I knew it would happen once he reached a certain age. It just makes me a little sad. Me and Larry Jr were good buds until yesterday =P.

Nah I still like him...hes just going into another phase...ill have to post some new pics of him. hes turning into a beast.

eh, i think i'd rather have a naturally aggresive animal than one that is totally docile. mine puffs up when he 1st wakes up and then every now and then. i got him out and had him climbing all over me outside yesterday and he was cool.

post a pic of this beast,gregdabender.

eh, i think i'd rather have a naturally aggresive animal than one that is totally docile. mine puffs up when he 1st wakes up and then every now and then. i got him out and had him climbing all over me outside yesterday and he was cool.

post a pic of this beast,gregdabender.

Picture011.jpg

this pic doesnt do his casque justice....but trust me he is massive. If he werent so grouchy id take a pic of him in my hand :D

Back
Top Bottom