My outdoor enclosure

Kinda what I figured, thanks for the conformation! What seems to be the general food of preference by them? So ready to get on the Parsonii forum man, wish I could get on just to read up on stuff.

That is one of the difficult parts about keeping Parsonii. They will go on hunger strikes fast if you have not got the enclosure conditions or a large enough selection of food to offer them. The Parsonii Forums cover this much more in depth.

Last edited:
I'm on the hunt, and have been for quite some time.. My wife and I are taking the wood floor out of one of the rooms in our new house we just built lol, to turn it into a jungle habitat with separate air conditioning and purification systems. Plan on eventually getting 2 breeding pairs and separating the room in fourths with divider walls that have the ability to be retract to make two large enclosures for them to copulate or just cohabit-ate in. We already have CNG generator big enough to run a school just in case as well:).

So yes.. We're just about ready. Taking our time to get everything up and running and perfect thought, so no rush to finish. Do you by chance allow a period of aestivation/hybernation before breeding season?

Sorry so long, hard to find someone willing to share information..

Thanks, Trey

Still jealous of your collection sswisss...

There is an outside chance that CITES Parsonii produced from Madagascar will become available in the not too distant future. Although WC may not be available for quite some time, Farm Bred or hatchlings from eggs collected from Chameleon Ranching could happen sooner than many think. Especially with, after 15 years of no change, a new Quota species being added this year Furcifer campani.

Last edited:
a new Quota species being added this year Furcifer campani.

Reaaally?! THAT would be cool!

I bred that species back in the day. When I heard madagascar was shutting down I sold those and my globifers off to buy more panther chameleons, thinking that would be my best bet at continuing on a species (I thought all chameleons would be closed off, and panthers would no longer be available). I'm still kicking myself over selling off the campani and globifers and choosing panthers of all things which never stopped coming in.

Campani are sooo cool. I would love to get into those again.

Those outdoor enclosures are magnificent!

Reaaally?! THAT would be cool!

I bred that species back in the day. When I heard madagascar was shutting down I sold those and my globifers off to buy more panther chameleons, thinking that would be my best bet at continuing on a species (I thought all chameleons would be closed off, and panthers would no longer be available). I'm still kicking myself over selling off the campani and globifers and choosing panthers of all things which never stopped coming in.

Campani are sooo cool. I would love to get into those again.

Those outdoor enclosures are magnificent!

There is a batch of Furcifer campani that is supposed to be arriving soon. They are going to be much more expensive now. Other species quotas are at 2000 per species the Furcifer campani quotas are 250 specimens a year. Which are conservative quotas that I applaud.

Last edited:
There is an outside chance that CITES Parsonii produced from Madagascar will become available in the not too distant future. Although WC may not be available for quite some time, Farm Bred or hatchlings from eggs collected from Chameleon Ranching could happen sooner than many think. Especially with, after 15 years of no change, a new Quota species being added this year Furcifer campani.

That would be AMAZING.. I hate that you have to have a parsons before you can join the forum. I don't understand why that's a rule, sounds like a case of egocentrism lol

That would be AMAZING.. I hate that you have to have a parsons before you can join the forum. I don't understand why that's a rule, sounds like a case of egocentrism lol

My thoughts exactly... No offense to the parsonii owners, but I feel everyone should be privileged to that information BEFORE owning one... Member Rantotro has shared more information in the short time he has been here than all of the others combined since i have joined. Im not upset about it, just dont understand why its so "secretive"..

Steve- sorry your thread got jacked:eek:

It is more of just a private place to talk about Parsonii with Parsonii owners. Some of us have been posting information about Parsonii here on these forums recently.

My thoughts exactly... No offense to the parsonii owners, but I feel everyone should be privileged to that information BEFORE owning one... Member Rantotro has shared more information in the short time he has been here than all of the others combined since i have joined. Im not upset about it, just dont understand why its so "secretive"..

Steve- sorry your thread got jacked:eek:

There is a kind of gravity that if something goes wrong and something terrible happens with a Parsonii (due to financial, emotional, time invested, and being the highest profile species out there) the devastation is huge. I have seen that in the past and I have seen it recently. Due to this most Parsonii owners really do not want to share their pain with the world as the loss or if something mishaps with this species the situation can be devastating. The Parsonii Forums is a private place where owners can chat and avoid much of that.

My male lost a patch of scales during an assisted shed and the idea of him not being able to recover turned my world upside down. Glad to say his scales did grow back.

I could not say if Brads OK with this however there has been talks of starting up genera groups for all the genus's of chameleons here on the Chameleon Forums. Which would be something similar as a private place to talk Kinyongia as seen with the Kinyongia Chameleon Keepers. The Parsonii Forums is similar to one of these except it has just been made into its own Forums.

As far a Rantotro it is because he is the only accomplished Parsonii breeder that is a regular to these forums. I think that has a good shot of changing in the near future though.

Cheers
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
the Furcifer campani quotas are 250 specimens a year. Which are conservative quotas that I applaud.

Me too.

It keeps things possible, protects wild populations, and keeps a pricepoint that encourages good care and captive breeding by rewarding breeders financially for their efforts.

Time to start winterizing the big house. As night time temps begin to dip.

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 164
Awesome. We want to see more. What did you make it with? How did u make it. I was planning on making one this summer with a green house for plants but I got sick. Can u show some more pics.

I'm about a year behind on getting this addition built. But should have a new (23'x5'x7'+) add-on made in a few more weeks.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 155
Back
Top Bottom