Outdoor enclosure ideas

Mad Dog Murphy

Established Member
Hi all, hope everyone is well and there little chameleon buddies are fine, the sun has finally come out to play here in Brittany,France so hopefully the wood burners can have a break and spring will be warm and summer long, anyway got me thinking about making a outdoor enclosure for little Pedro, he’s a male veiled and guessing probably 6 months old now, be nice for him to have a few hours out in natural sunlight I’m thinking so ideas and pictures of your own would be great and also what temperatures would ideally need to be? Was thInking as a temporary measure I could adapt a old parrot cage or similar, your thoughts on this please, outdoor space for the one I make is not a issue but ideas on size and positioning would be good, ie south facing, full sun, part shade , predominant wind etc.
many thanks

This might give you some inspiration. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/outdoor-keeping-season-is-here.187092/ Of course, you’ll need to be mindful to use only plants which are safe if eaten. Making sure Pedro has a shaded area to retreat to if needed is important. Also protecting against any predators. I can’t offer any other advice I’m afraid. I would guess that Chameleon Academy has some info - maybe a podcast or YouTube video.

Back
Top Bottom