Outdoor temp

Ghostbirb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I can’t seem to remember off the top of my head but what is the best temp to take your chameleon outside? I know there’s a number difference you have to account for but I don’t remember that exact number.

Tomorrows going to be high 50s to lower 60s. So I was wondering if that temp is ok to take Nachito out and give her a little photo shoot outdoors?

I can’t seem to remember off the top of my head but what is the best temp to take your chameleon outside? I know there’s a number difference you have to account for but I don’t remember that exact number.

Tomorrows going to be high 50s to lower 60s. So I was wondering if that temp is ok to take Nachito out and give her a little photo shoot outdoors?
I feel like UVB is so important that brief times (30 minutes?) in those temps are no problem IF it is strongly sunny. Their body will absorb sun and you can literally feel them and they are very warm.

However, they will usually turn dark to absorb more of the rays, so probably won't do great for pictures.

Ohio, wire cage with large sticks and no shade:
55 if its sunny
75 and sunny he only lasts 30min before hes crawling on the bottom of the wire cage wanting back in from getting hot.
80 sunny and above i might be able to wash the car before he over heats and wants back in.

On the other hand the beardie will just sit out there and bake
Tegu you might as well use a meat thermometer, 120 and sunny, yea give me another 30...

Back
Top Bottom