My finished terrarium.

mhfan305

Here is a few pictures of my finished terrarium. I plan on keeping some sort of male montane species. I might get a kinyongia tavetana, but im not sure yet. The basking spot reaches 79-80F depending on when the AC turns on. All I need left is my Aquazamp raindome, which is coming this Tuesday. It came out good right?

Also, what do you guys suggest the type of chameleon I should get?

And sorry for the sideways pictures...

Attachments

• IMG_0629[1].jpg
    IMG_0629[1].jpg
    109 KB · Views: 196
  • IMG_0630[2].jpg
    IMG_0630[2].jpg
    140 KB · Views: 139
  • IMG_0631[1].jpg
    IMG_0631[1].jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 135
Thing is, this cage is only 16x16x30. So it needs to be a smaller chameleon.

EDIT: Well come to think of it, could a full grown nosy be panther fit in that small of a cage?

You have created a beautiful setup, the chameleon will have the ability to hide easily. Impressive for a first cage!

It isn't that you can't put a full-grown Panther in that cage, but you will most likely move the cham to a bigger cage as they grow.

On the other hand, a Montium, Quad, Jacksons or Fishers would have plenty of room.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

I love your coverage, how did you get so much cover? Thats my biggest problem in my cage >.< raindomes rock so much, just keep an eye on it at first with the new cage because sometimes the water pooled so I poked small holes in the top where the dome sits

Here is a few pictures of my finished terrarium. I plan on keeping some sort of male montane species. I might get a kinyongia tavetana, but im not sure yet. The basking spot reaches 79-80F depending on when the AC turns on. All I need left is my Aquazamp raindome, which is coming this Tuesday. It came out good right?

I love your coverage, how did you get so much cover? Thats my biggest problem in my cage >.< raindomes rock so much, just keep an eye on it at first with the new cage because sometimes the water pooled so I poked small holes in the top where the dome sits

Thanks guys, the only thing is that the ficus tree in there will probably drop most of its leaves since I moved it and all that. But theyll grow back. The way its packed so much is that I constructed a sort of sky scraper around the ficus tree with live oak sticks and attached them to each other with zip ties. Then I just put a pothos with a few 30+" long vines in there and drapped them all around. Plus the ficus tree is pretty bushy right now.

Also, what do you mean you poked holes in the top? In the screen of the cage?

You have created a beautiful setup, the chameleon will have the ability to hide easily. Impressive for a first cage!

It isn't that you can't put a full-grown Panther in that cage, but you will most likely move the cham to a bigger cage as they grow.

On the other hand, a Montium, Quad, Jacksons or Fishers would have plenty of room.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

If I purchase a baby jacksonii xantholophus, can I keep it in this small of a cage for its entire life? Dont they get to like 10"?

You might want to contact Carl C, either here or on facebook, Carl Cattau. He has werneri and they would be the perfect montane for your cage. I have my first pair of werneri and I am in love with then. But I would only put a single cham in your cage. Each of mine are in their own 16x16x30 cage.

Nice cage but you will have trouble knowing if your cham is eating and drinking. You also may never see your cham.:(

Get a Werner's

I recently got a pair of werner's. They are super cute. He has three horns and she has one. My male and female are not housed together. I would recommend that you get a male werner's. They look amazing and mine has been VERY friendly (towards me) since it arrived. I have a female Jackson's Xanth and I think a 30" would be too small for either sex. Werner's are smaller and both the Werner's male and the Jackson's male have three horns. Get a Werner's!!!

Here's a pic of my male Werner's. If you're really set on getting a Jackson's, you might consider a Mt. Meru Dwarf Jackson's. Here's mine!

Attachments

• IMG_1923.jpg
    IMG_1923.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 113
Yeah I like the Werners and Mt Merus both, just have to wait until my pet store has them. The only thing is now that the basking spot reaches at most 84F. Is this ok? Isnt the max 85F? Or should I still try to lower it?

Yeah again, it fluctuates from 79-84F depending when the AC turns on. Its not in the way of the vent flow either.

That is beautiful- I love all the plants.

My montane's get up to 77 sometimes, but that is as high as I am comfortable and that is the top end where they act comfortable.

My montane's get up to 77 sometimes, but that is as high as I am comfortable and that is the top end where they act comfortable.

Well I lowered the wattage of the bulb, now the tempertature gun reads 77F, and the digital thermometer reads 82. So I dont know which to go by, but the temperature isnt over 85F so im sticking with this. Nothing more I can really do actually.

Which do you think is the one I should go by? The digital thermometer or the thermometer gun?

Back
Top Bottom