Monsoon or MistKing

I have seen so many conflicting reviews about the Monsoon and while ive seen nothing but good reviews about the mistking, I need some honest reviews. I am trying to be as cost effective as possible while shopping for my setup equipment. I want to know if you have used the monsoon and had problems, what were you doing that could have caused the problem? were you using distilled water to prevent clogging and mineral build up? Did you do any regular upkeep on the system?, etc. I would love to hear everyones advice and opinions. but please dont try to sell me one or the other, just give me the information i need to make my own decision.

Never monsoon.. the couple dollars you save on the initial purchase may seem appealing. But it's a matter of when it will malfunction not if it will.. they are junk. Mistking is the way to go.

Never monsoon.. the couple dollars you save on the initial purchase may seem appealing. But it's a matter of when it will malfunction not if it will.. they are junk. Mistking is the way to go.
Okay, my only issue is that the system i choose needs to be aesthetically pleasing, as that is VERY important to me. I have limited space and no room for a lot clutter. So is there a system that can be aesthetically pleasing and functional?

Well with the monsoon you know what you get as its an all in one solution. The mistking is more of a diy package so you can pick your own reservoir, hide the pump and make it as aesthetically looking as you want...

I have a high pressure pump bolted to a bucket...
It's a bit noisy if you don't insulate it but the parts are small and cost were around that of a monsoon.

I have the monsoon. I didn't even bother with the timer attached to the unit and immediately set it up with its own timer. Knock on wood I've had zero problems. I only use distilled water to prevent clogging and I love that it's only one container and takes up little space. I understand now why mist King is better but so far I'm happy with the monsoon.

Don't do the monsoon. I have had 3 units. Started with the first one and the company was good about sending out replacements as mine broke with the warranty. The first one they sent out was not working as well. The second one they sent out worked for about 6 months. In fact right today I will be ordering the Mist King. I do like the fact I can have the one unit of the Mist King working two cages. I would never again buy the monsoon mister.

I bought the monsoon off Amazon and have it misting three enclosures I have had no problems with it. I've had it for about a year and I clean it between every refill and I use tap water. I'll admit I probably should use distilled water as I have very hard well water here but so far my tap water hasn't given me any problems but I think that's because I'm diligent about cleaning it.

My monsoon broke after 3 months. I have a mistking now and it's far better. Ithe hasn't broken yet and the mist is much more fine than the monsoon.

I used both systems the mistking for my chameleon and monsoon for my green tree python enclosure just to bring up the humidity I also use a separate timer for it.. there are few incidents out that the timers on the monsoon failed because of moisture build up inside the unit. Your best bet is to go with mistking it's worth the money...

When I was researching possible options i read that someone that bought a mistking saying they never regretted the purchase- the mistking was top of the price bracket but I treated myself and i now feel the same way- I don't regret getting it for a minute and I love it to pieces- it's quality and options it gives is worth every penny.:love: I also got a mistking key fob with it and that's cool ! :LOL:

Honestly, I think your original post says it all.....you have conflicting reviews on the monsoon and nothing but good on the Mistking. I just got a Mistking a few months ago and I do honestly love it. I hand misted for years. I'm home most of the day and it was just routine for me, but they never really liked the spray. They always ran from it. Since the Mistking is a fine mist, the one I have now runs into the spray. No more running and hiding. The monsoon on the other hand I have heard it a harsher spray, that is the main reason I didn't get one. I knew my cham hated that. I looked at youtube videos of both brands spraying too.

I wish I would have gotten a Mistking from the beginning.

Now, that said, It was a pain to set up. Not difficult by any means, just a pain. Because you do need to find a water reservoir to use, and you have to be able to drill a hole for the hose about an inch from the bottom of whatever you choose. When I first started looking at them, I thought you just put the hose down in a bucket of water. The pump is gravity fed so the reservoir needs to be slightly elevated from the pump. So I have mine sitting up on a stand behind my cham cage(my cage is in a corner pulled out to create a triangle space behind it), you can barely see it. And the pump is sitting on a cookie sheet(just in case it ever leaks) under the cage on the floor. I will be adding a cage "skirt" of sorts so that it is completely hidden. It is fairly quiet. Unless I'm in the room when it goes off, I don't even hear it.

Good luck on your decision!

Thanks everyone who helped and I think ill just go with the MistKing! Ill be starting Cosmetology school next month and ill will be gone most of the day and i dont want to chance any kind of technical issues that could possibly come with the monsoon. I will be at a reptile show this weekend, is it possible that someone there could be selling Mistking? at least for the same price before shipping?

No sorry- just a plain ol' key fob/ring but i like it - that's just because I'm sad! :ROFLMAO: Makes me look like I know what I'm doing- hope no one finds out the truth! remote one would be fun though.

I can't comment on whether anyone will have them at the reptile show, Ive never been to one.

But, way to go on cosmetology school! I did hair for over 10 years until I had kids. Good luck!

Thanks everyone who helped and I think ill just go with the MistKing! Ill be starting Cosmetology school next month and ill will be gone most of the day and i dont want to chance any kind of technical issues that could possibly come with the monsoon. I will be at a reptile show this weekend, is it possible that someone there could be selling Mistking? at least for the same price before shipping?
If you can't find it at the show I would buy it from LLLReptile it's where I got mine, and the shipping is way cheaper than the MistKing web site do to them being in the USA, and not Canada. That's provided you live in the US of course.

Back
Top Bottom