Mellers update 2 months old now

fluxlizard

Avid Member
Hello all,
I thought since the baby mellers are 2 months old now, I'd give a little update and post a few pics I took today.

You can compare with the old pics on the old thread here:

https://www.chameleonforums.com/hatched-12-19-a-36267/

I'm happy to report that all 32 are going strong. I guess it's hard to tell from the pics, but they've put on about an inch in length since hatching and are about 5 inches now. They are definately filling out the last 2 weeks or so- they are starting to loose that hatchling look. Their nose horns have started to stretch out a little the last couple of weeks too. (Maybe the one I picked out to photograph wasn't the best to show the nose horn- some seem a little more obvious than this one).

The rascal I was trying to photograph kept curling his tail up, but I got one pretty good shot of him stretched out on the palm of my hand.

These have done really well and I am still thinking end of april early may they will be ready to go out to new homes. I'm gonna have a hard time choosing the ones for myself. But I don't mind the hardship :D

feb23.jpg

feb23a.jpg

feb23b.jpg

I don't have a special day in April but you could make one for me by selling me one of your beautiful babies!!!;)

They are tooooo cute!

Donna (and anyone else)-

I started a notification list and have continued to add names to it as people have requested. As the big day approaches I will send out notification so the people on the list will have first dibs at these guys in the order that people have requested to be added to the list.

I realize these don't come along every day and I think that is pretty fair.

To be added to the list, just send me a private message here on the forums and I will add you.

:)

Donna (and anyone else)-

I started a notification list and have continued to add names to it as people have requested. As the big day approaches I will send out notification so the people on the list will have first dibs at these guys in the order that people have requested to be added to the list.

I realize these don't come along every day and I think that is pretty fair.

To be added to the list, just send me a private message here on the forums and I will add you.

:)

I'm one step ahead of you, I already did. LOL I'm soooooooo serious.

While I want one, or more...it's not possible for me. They are just so cute though!! Is there anything more adorable than that baby?

Love baby melleri!

I am not trying to steal your thunder Fluxlizard...... but... I can't resist sharing a baby CH melleri photo...

IMG_8952.jpg

or two...

IMG_7274.jpg

I think how HUGE their tails are at birth, is one of the coolest things!

Edit: Sorry for the confusion... I don't have CH melleri for sale. The photos above are of Pat. The CH melleri I purchased from Mike Monge at FLChams at the Reptile Super Show in San Diego June of 2008. He is now almost two years old and quite the monster! Sorry Chad....... ;)

Last edited:
Im guessing South Africa is a little far to get those beautiful babies :D. Really well done on the successful clutch, SO JEALOUS!

I love mellers! And for you to come on here and be able to say you hatched mellers is amazing! Alot of people think its hard to breed them and it is! Congrats

Back
Top Bottom