Type? Possibly not the type we were told. Want proper set up and to provide best care

Rshiff

This little guy joined our family yesterday. We were told by the owners (who showed us who they said was mom) he was one type of chameleon (brookesia) to be told by people from chameleon groups he’s not.

I’ve been told now he’s many different types 🤷🏼‍♀️ But mom was nowhere near the size or colors people are claiming this guy is (they said as of yesterday he was 3 days old)

I want to provide the best possible care. Currently he’s set up for a baby Brookesia , since that’s what we were told.

Thoughts ?

Mom had no horns, not colorful (from time spent turned black, brown, specks of white, pale green) and could fit in the palm of my hand.

Attachments

• IMG_2424.jpeg
    IMG_2424.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_2430.jpeg
    IMG_2430.jpeg
    136 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2429.jpeg
    IMG_2429.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_2425.jpeg
    IMG_2425.jpeg
    91.1 KB · Views: 7
That does not look like a brookesia to me. I’m not sure what type of chameleon that is.. Do you have a picture of mom you can share?

One thing to note babies are very delicate and have no reserves in their body to fall back on if husbandy isn’t perfect.

Can you share a photo of the enclosure including lights on the top? How often do you see baby closing its eyes? For a chameleon to close its eyes during the day that is a sign of high stress or decline.

Hi welcome to the group here! It’s a great place, please stick around ask a lot of questions (you will get reliable answers) and share pics of that adorable baby as it grows!! We have photo contests, fun picture threads, an annual calendar contest and some of the kindest experienced keepers around. Good luck with that little one. ☺️

Back
Top Bottom