304.8 KB · Views: 98
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Honestly, I agree with everyone saying the stress the chameleon is getting. They really aren't a show and tell animal unless someone walks in your house and watches it roam in it's cage. Really don't think it would be acceptable for a project. It's just an animal that isn't truly like a dog. If you want a reptile that's very docile and won't have the stress level that your cham is getting I recommend a Bearded Dragon, those little guys are dogs of the reptiles.

Honestly, I agree with everyone saying the stress the chameleon is getting. They really aren't a show and tell animal unless someone walks in your house and watches it roam in it's cage. Really don't think it would be acceptable for a project. It's just an animal that isn't truly like a dog. If you want a reptile that's very docile and won't have the stress level that your cham is getting I recommend a Bearded Dragon, those little guys are dogs of the reptiles.
Yeah but beardies are just too boring. My girl is deffinetly not afraid to show when she's stressed, she's fairly easy going from what I can see and have learned from her so far. Beardies also live a while and it sounds horrible but my parents wanted a shorter lived animal. Regardless I'm still gonna take care of her and give her the best care possible. The class starts this Wensday but I won't have to bringer in until October. I gave her a little extra calcium the last few days and I'm thrilled to say her crest is back to its normal self which surprised me. I'm gonna see if I can bring her in everyotherday or only bring her in on the last day for the test

Yeah but beardies are just too boring. My girl is deffinetly not afraid to show when she's stressed, she's fairly easy going from what I can see and have learned from her so far. Beardies also live a while and it sounds horrible but my parents wanted a shorter lived animal. Regardless I'm still gonna take care of her and give her the best care possible. The class starts this Wensday but I won't have to bringer in until October. I gave her a little extra calcium the last few days and I'm thrilled to say her crest is back to its normal self which surprised me. I'm gonna see if I can bring her in everyotherday or only bring her in on the last day for the test
Veileds actually live 5-7 years :D

The only time she's every really upset is when my dogs are near by, especially my border collie. She's pretty chill with my old fat dachsund but hides and doesn't eat if the other dog is near by. But good thing neither are allowed in my room where she is staying. And now that I have the cham my parents deffinetly won't let me get another reptile. My dad refused to let me breed crickets, he says he's living in a zoo and wants no more animals in the house

Veileds actually live 5-7 years :D
I heard if you get them to live past 6 years it's a miracle, females are usually a year or 2 less because egg laying takes a toll on their bodies. Snakes live a REALLY long time compared to most other reptiles, I feel like frogs you can't hold cause most are poisonous and you can't find them in their enclosure and monitors oh lord those get big, same with blue tongue skinks

The only time she's every really upset is when my dogs are near by, especially my border collie. She's pretty chill with my old fat dachsund but hides and doesn't eat if the other dog is near by. But good thing neither are allowed in my room where she is staying. And now that I have the cham my parents deffinetly won't let me get another reptile. My dad refused to let me breed crickets, he says he's living in a zoo and wants no more animals in the house
Chams don't like you, they don
I heard if you get them to live past 6 years it's a miracle, females are usually a year or 2 less because egg laying takes a toll on their bodies. Snakes live a REALLY long time compared to most other reptiles, I feel like frogs you can't hold cause most are poisonous and you can't find them in their enclosure and monitors oh lord those get big, same with blue tongue skinks
theres always fish :p just kidding :D you could reinact finding nemo

What kind of class is it? I loooveeee science so I'm just curious we were doing a study on iguanas in my science last year and someone brought one in on a leash
The class is called bio 2, I took honors biology as a freshman and then honors chemistry as a sophomore so I got loads of cool classes offered to me, bio 2 is only a semester to the rest of the year I'm doing anatomy and physiology. I'm sure people will bring in iguanas for the project and I can't do a fish because it isn't a reptile and the point of the project is to teach it a trick, I dunno what you could teach a fish

The class is called bio 2, I took honors biology as a freshman and then honors chemistry as a sophomore so I got loads of cool classes offered to me, bio 2 is only a semester to the rest of the year I'm doing anatomy and physiology. I'm sure people will bring in iguanas for the project and I can't do a fish because it isn't a reptile and the point of the project is to teach it a trick, I dunno what you could teach a fish
When I learned about the class where you could get a pet back in 8th grade I've wanted to take it so bad, I'm such a science nerd and animal lover. I've waited patiently for 4 years and am finally in ththe class I'm so excited. I wanna be a vet really badly and I feel a course like this would really help me, also if I do become a vet and someone brings in a chemelon or what ever I wanna have some background on how to handle them and facts sinc they won't teach it in vet school unless your gonna be a Cham only vet which I don't even think that's a thing hahah

unless your gonna be a Cham only vet which I don't even think that's a thing hahah
Well not cham only but you can specialize in the field of reptiles with focus on chameleons ...
Thing is I think it will be hard to get enough clients when doing reptile only, let alone chameleon only.

I once wanted to be a vet when I was young, I ended up in IT... I want a do over! :oops:

Chameleons aren't really a trainable reptile. They do what they want when they want. Blue tongue skinks however can be clicker trained
I already know her trick, when ever a
I give her chin scratches she climbs on to my other hand. That's her trick. It can be something simple like last year a fish was trailed to not puff up when he saw his reflection. I could even do things where she won't try to run when I touch her tail. At least she's not very violent or a biter. She only bit me twice but she mistook my fingernail for food, it wasent an angry bite

Back
Top Bottom