My chameleon stopped eating

Hi , I’m new here. My female panther chameleon that’s just under 4 years old is refusing to eat, she drinks plenty of water and has the necessary lighting, I’ve tried feeding her crickets and dubia roaches which is her usual diet, but she wouldn’t take them, from tongs or a cup, I tried mealworms as well which she had never eaten before and she refused those aswell,
72220763326__7E2C5C79-C82A-4A59-8D29-13B028EEC475.jpeg
she’s drinking water out of my palm here, I’m aware she’s a bit skinny, and has had a MBD issue in the past, but I changed my light and have been vitamin dusting every 3 feedings or so, and her MBD never has gotten worse she hasn’t eaten since Friday. What should I do?

Hi and welcome. Has she ever laid eggs? Does she have a lay bin? Has she ever been tested for parasites? She doesn’t look good at all in that pic…eyes are sunken. Is she basking and moving around?

Hi and welcome. Has she ever laid eggs? Does she have a lay bin? Has she ever been tested for parasites? She doesn’t look good at all in that pic…eyes are sunken. Is she basking and moving around?
She’s laid 3 times, and she does have one, it’s just not in her enclosure rightnow, so she doesn’t eat the substrate with her meals, and she was a little dehydrated her eyes look much better this morning. And don’t really get to watch her throughout the day because of school:(.

I am very sorry to hear that. Please know that what I am about to say comes with the deepest respect for you and love for your chameleon, but if you are unable to provide the medical care for her, she will die. If you cannot provide what she needs, I would urge you to think about giving her to a rescue that can provide the medical care she will need to survive. I know its a hard thing to think about, but she needs immediate medical attention and I feel that you need to think about what is best for her right now.

Have you had her for her four years of life? Have you asked your Mom about taking her to a vet? It’s possible she’s had a change of heart.
While I do have to agree with what @elizaann2 has said, I do have to also say that unfortunately our beautiful scaled friends have short life spans. It is very possible that your little sweetheart has reached the natural end of hers. While some chameleons can live 7 and even 8 years, for many they only live about 4-5 years. At 4 years old, she is (sadly) considered old and you’ve done well to help her reach this age. I have heard it said that our beautiful little girl panthers have very short lifespans - something I’m not sure of and asking someone about.
So, I don’t know if what I’ve said here is of any help, but it is something to seriously consider. 💗

Have you had her for her four years of life? Have you asked your Mom about taking her to a vet? It’s possible she’s had a change of heart.
While I do have to agree with what @elizaann2 has said, I do have to also say that unfortunately our beautiful scaled friends have short life spans. It is very possible that your little sweetheart has reached the natural end of hers. While some chameleons can live 7 and even 8 years, for many they only live about 4-5 years. At 4 years old, she is (sadly) considered old and you’ve done well to help her reach this age. I have heard it said that our beautiful little girl panthers have very short lifespans - something I’m not sure of and asking someone about.
So, I don’t know if what I’ve said here is of any help, but it is something to seriously consider. 💗
Well put, thank you @MissSkittles

thank you both, I have asked my mom if we could take her to the vet and she said no, I have had her since she was a week old, because the pet store I got her from was selling them way under what they were supposed too. Unfortunately I do agree that’s she is considered old, and this just might be her final days, and I will do my best to make her quality of life the best I can provide for her. Her birthday is actually next week, she’ll be turning 4, I am doing my best for her and I’m going to buy her some treats, so any recommendations for those would be very appreciated:). Thank you so much for the advice and support, I would like to share some older pictures of her here as well so I am going to add those.
IMG_0765.jpeg
71988553512__B776F671-FE8B-48F9-A770-1A609729D3B0.jpeg
71988410552__DDFAF99E-C7AE-4AC4-A23B-FD9FF4C011CC.fullsizerender.jpeg
IMG_0195.jpeg
IMG_1842.jpeg
IMG_1229.jpeg
61465302293__D8F8DB9F-ACFB-4354-8687-FF6E394F30EB.jpeg
the pictures are from newest to oldest

Oh man I didn't register at all that our girls only live about 4 years. That is so short :(

It sounds like you have taken amazing care of her then if your girl is 4 and you have had her since she was a week old.

Thank you for sharing all the picures she is so beautiful, I love her hints of purple. I am not sure what you normally feed her but silkworms are usually a big hit with chams. Same with bsfl

Oh man I didn't register at all that our girls only live about 4 years. That is so short :(

It sounds like you have taken amazing care of her then if your girl is 4 and you have had her since she was a week old.

Thank you for sharing all the picures she is so beautiful, I love her hints of purple. I am not sure what you normally feed her but silkworms are usually a big hit with chams. Same with bsfl
Thank you. I’ll try silkworms, I did buy 2 hornworms and she did eat one of those, I’ll try silkworms, and is bsfl black soldier fly larvae? I’m not sure if any pet stores near me sell those, but I’ll look. Thank you for your suggestions :)

She’s a perfect peachy princess. 🥰 Having gotten her from such a young age, you’ve done exceptionally well! Another thing to consider is also age related and that is arthritis and the seasonal changes. Just like us, they get arthritis and it slows them down - some days are painful and the weather does have an effect. Some here have had their (young) chameleons behaving a bit differently from what we can only assume is due to the change of season. Get your sweet princess some silkworms, spoil and love her and cherish every day you have, whether it is just a few or a few hundred more.

She’s a perfect peachy princess. 🥰 Having gotten her from such a young age, you’ve done exceptionally well! Another thing to consider is also age related and that is arthritis and the seasonal changes. Just like us, they get arthritis and it slows them down - some days are painful and the weather does have an effect. Some here have had their (young) chameleons behaving a bit differently from what we can only assume is due to the change of season. Get your sweet princess some silkworms, spoil and love her and cherish every day you have, whether it is just a few or a few hundred more.
I never would’ve thought that they could get arthritis, but that does make sense. I had a half day from school today, so I’ve been spending it with her, she did eat the other hornworm, and 2 crickets so I’m very proud of her, her eyes look much better and she was moving around quite a bit. Thank you for the information @MissSkittles

Back
Top Bottom