Looking for Pygmy Chameleons!

Hello there! Im no expert, but to my understanding alot pygmy importation is banned from Madagascar now, and no large scale stable husbandry or breeding programs were ever established. So they are very rare, i spent a while looking for them as well.

Dwarf Fischer/Helmeted are available on some sites and while not as small still dont get to the same lengths as veiled or panthers.

Check the brookesia species community on Facebook I’ve seen a few pop up don’t recommend it but you can always go wc route but your in for a job to say the least

Hello there! Im no expert, but to my understanding alot pygmy importation is banned from Madagascar now, and no large scale stable husbandry or breeding programs were ever established. So they are very rare, i spent a while looking for them as well.

Dwarf Fischer/Helmeted are available on some sites and while not as small still dont get to the same lengths as veiled or panthers.
I got two 🤫 male and female!!!🤗

Back in 2004 I bought a Pygmy chameleon at a local pet store. Made a vivarium for it to live in and a few weeks later it had four babies! Not long after I was moving and had to give them all away.

Last edited:
There are quite a few that come in on import every year and as others have commented there are some private breeders in the US having a bit of success. I think most are being held back until they have bigger numbers to sell.

Im in the market for Pygmies as well. I am looking specifically at Bearded Pygmies (Rieppeleon Brevicaudatus), or Spectral Pygmies (Rhampholeon Spectrum), I have messaged Micheal Nash, and he said that there are very limited breeders right now. I’ve signed up for various newsletters for when more are in stock, and I have a tank mostly set up for the little guys. Any information about getting my hands on two captive bred females would be absolutely amazing. Also, I know what supplements to use for carpets, but I don’t know what is required for Pygmies in terms of supplementation. Again any information about these guys would be super helpful. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom