Live Plant Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep go for a nice big hybiscus plant(well washed and re potted in non fertilized soil of course ,they look nice and are strong enough for them to climb on and are good for them if they eat them and they love the flowers and they are non toxic even we can eat them!! that what i use for my yemans and thgey love them,!!

can you use any kind of hybiscus??

and are they okay for yemans?

most plants come with perlite and you don't want your cham to eat it. Also there can be fertilizer in the soil and on the plant. You want to remove all chances of a bug (crickets mostly) eating the soil or digging around in the soil and contaminating your animal.

Replanting also give the plant fresh clean dirt of your choice. It is a good idea to add sand to the dirt so water can flow through and not cause root rot. This is a good idea if you run a misting system.

when you say add sand do you mean mix it in or make a layer of sand on the bottom or top?

hey everyone, so my neighbor had this plant that just looks perfect for a cham enclosure. i spoke with him and he couldn't tell me what kind of plant it was cause he found it and nursed it back to health. long story short, im propagating it and i have a pic. could anyone tell me what it could be?
View attachment 35807

thanks a bunch

Plamiria i believe.

Safe flowering plants

Are there any safe flowering plants that you can put in their enclosures? Particularly orchids and other asthetically pleasing plants that if the flowers are consumed it's okay.
Thanks

I believe orchids are safe as well as Madagascar jasmine and the sensitive plant gets flowers and is a very interesting plant

Climber

Hey everyone, Im looking to convert some of my prosphetic plants into living ones in my yemen's viv. I would love for him to have another one of the glass walls to climb, and so was thinking of building a trellis and growing a sturdy climbing plant up the side.

I'm new to this and any recommendations of which safe plant to use would be appreciated!

Ebbes

Here's another plant list provided by Clean Line Chameleons.

http://www.cleanlinechameleons.com/safe-plant-list/

Clean Line Chameleons says this list was put together by UC Davis however I have not found this list posted on any UC Davis sites. Since I'm at UC Davis I'm going to attempt to contact the lists creator here at Davis and put a thourogh review of the plants listed. As of now I have only been able to have a quick look through and have not accessed the quality of this list. However, I'm definately going to have a close review this list and add more comments.

I am thinking of an Umbrella plant for the enclosure.
Would this be a good plant and how do i ensure that it is decontaminated and safe for my baby cham?

I am thinking of an Umbrella plant for the enclosure.
Would this be a good plant and how do i ensure that it is decontaminated and safe for my baby cham?

There perfectly save. The guy I bout mine Cham from only uses them. And to make them safe repot them in organic potting soil. Then give them a nice swishy wash in anti bacterial soapy water and then raise well. Some People even get organic grown plants. Do the wash before you replant :D I hope that was helpful.

I was told that umbrella plants we're poisonese. Can someone confirm they are ok as I do like the look of them.

Thanks

They are a couple of plants that are considered somewhat toxic. However many keepers have used them for their chameleons with no ill effect. Pothos and Ficus are toxic plants that are used for chameleons. I would monitor your chameleon make certain he is not leaf eating. However you should be OK. If you are not OK with monitoring your chameleon for eating leaf matter I would search for a new plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom