Live Plant Database

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's another plant list provided by Clean Line Chameleons.

http://www.cleanlinechameleons.com/safe-plant-list/

Clean Line Chameleons says this list was put together by UC Davis however I have not found this list posted on any UC Davis sites. Since I'm at UC Davis I'm going to attempt to contact the lists creator here at Davis and put a thourogh review of the plants listed. As of now I have only been able to have a quick look through and have not accessed the quality of this list. However, I'm definately going to have a close review this list and add more comments.

You are at Davis? Do you know Ernesto Sandoval in the Botanical Conservatory?

Best type of plants

Hi all & thanks for allowing me to join, I'm new to all this & was just after some advice on the best sort of real plants to get for a chameleon & do they grow in the UK? This will be the first time owning a chameleon so I want to get everything set up just right before I get one :)

Hello everyone. I just picked up some plants from the nursery today for the juvenile/sub-adult chameleon cage that I'm building and wanted to make sure they were all ok for either a veiled or panther cham. I had the list from FLChams with me but after reading this thread I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys since it's not 100% reliable. Anywho I got a real pretty coleus, a neanthebella/parlor palm that's about 18"tall, and a red wave petunia (for a hanging type plant) and I'm also thinking about going back and grabbing some jasmine for hanging/climbing. I'll be sure to clean and re-pot before they go in the cage and I also plan on having plenty of other sticks and perches in the cage since most of what I got won't support much weight. Oh and the cage is about 24"w x 12"d x 24"t in case that matters and most of the pants will be transferred to the larger adult cage when the time comes. What do you guys think?

Hello everyone. I just picked up some plants from the nursery today for the juvenile/sub-adult chameleon cage that I'm building and wanted to make sure they were all ok for either a veiled or panther cham. I had the list from FLChams with me but after reading this thread I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask you guys since it's not 100% reliable. Anywho I got a real pretty coleus, a neanthebella/parlor palm that's about 18"tall, and a red wave petunia (for a hanging type plant) and I'm also thinking about going back and grabbing some jasmine for hanging/climbing. I'll be sure to clean and re-pot before they go in the cage and I also plan on having plenty of other sticks and perches in the cage since most of what I got won't support much weight. Oh and the cage is about 24"w x 12"d x 24"t in case that matters and most of the pants will be transferred to the larger adult cage when the time comes. What do you guys think?

I did a fast search and found that Coleus is considered poisonous from my research, neanthebella is not poisonous, red wave petunia did not say if it was poisonous and lastly that jasmine is not poisonous.

This is one of the main problems when looking for safe plants for chameleons. No research/studies that I'm aware of have been done on a comprehensive level to prove if certain plants are toxic or not toxic to chameleons. It is research that is normally done for cats, dogs, and farm animals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom