lighting

Shaolin Chameleon

hello i bought a repti brez cage a 24x24x48 size and i was wondering how much

lighting will i need to make sure the chameleon gets enough uvb and uva

Hands down I would recommend either a double or quad HO T5 fixture. I would use a 6% Arcadia bulb for UVB and then use 6.5k Daylight bulbs for the other 1-3 slots. That will provide your chameleon with full spectrum lighting and one of the best lighting environments you can achieve indoors possible.

T5 is the way to go but if you dont have the extra money, most people recommend the reptisun 5.0. Before I had the t5's, I always used the reptisun 10.0 on my 4' tall heavily planted cages, just to ensure enough light penetrated the foliage. the 10.0 is more bright and provides light deeper into the enclosure.

Hands down I would recommend either a double or quad HO T5 fixture. I would use a 6% Arcadia bulb for UVB and then use 6.5k Daylight bulbs for the other 1-3 slots. That will provide your chameleon with full spectrum lighting and one of the best lighting environments you can achieve indoors possible.

is there a certain brand to use? for the quad ho t5

Is this light setup only for viewing and UVB? Could you use this setup for a smaller cage. I am looking to start a baby in a 16x16x30. I am still in the researching stage so don't laugh.

Back
Top Bottom