UVB

AP0714

I’m working on my cham’s transition from starter cage to adult enclosure. I’m still trying to wrap my mind around lighting requirements. I think I’ve got heating and basking down but Just want to make sure this is the correct UVB. I saw (on Neptune the chameleon YouTube channel, I believe) that if you don’t have a solar meter (need to save up for that one) it’s best to go with the 6% since I don’t have a definitive way to measure how much UVB is reaching my chameleon and make sure that the basking branch is X-distance away from the light.

Attachments

• IMG_5752.png
    IMG_5752.png
    252.5 KB · Views: 17
You guys are awesome!! I have a follow up question(s)…
Are both bulbs compatible with the same fixture? Are other brands (I believe the other popular brand is called Reptisun) compatible with this fixture? Just trying to cover myself if it’s time to replace and need to settle for a back-up.

You guys are awesome!! I have a follow up question(s)…
Are both bulbs compatible with the same fixture? Are other brands (I believe the other popular brand is called Reptisun) compatible with this fixture? Just trying to cover myself if it’s time to replace and need to settle for a back-up.

The fixture is compatible with any T5HO bulb of the same length. So that means you can swap out a 12% if you get a beardy, or swap out a 6500k bulb and get a 2nd fixture for UVB if your plants are not doing well. And yes you can swap out for the reptisun 5.0 and 10.0 bulbs.

The only thing you can not swap in is the low power T5(non HO) like the 4% shade dweller for the Leppard geckos.

The fixture is compatible with any T5HO bulb of the same length. So that means you can swap out a 12% if you get a beardy, or swap out a 6500k bulb and get a 2nd fixture for UVB if your plants are not doing well. And yes you can swap out for the reptisun 5.0 and 10.0 bulbs.

The only thing you can not swap in is the low power T5(non HO) like the 4% shade dweller for the Leppard geckos.
Thank you! That clears it up nicely. Nice to know that I have options if I can’t find the exact bulb I’m looking for. I’m so afraid of getting something wrong and harming my Cham (or catching my house on fire….😂 🔥).

Back
Top Bottom