is this plant safe for my baby veiled?

thechink09

my mom has a bunch of little versions of this plant and i was thinking about putting it in my enclosure. is it safe for my baby veiled? also will the retptisun uvb tube light be enough sun light for it?

DSC04059.jpg

DSC04061.jpg

its a rose of sharon and what i found says its generally not toxic to humans. but does that mean its okay for chams?

Found this info but dont know if it is toxic to reptiles. As the other member stated, if you are going to try it indoors it probably will not thrive.
Which Animals are at Risk?

Cats may become ill after eating Rose of Sharon flowers.The Rose of Sharon is a toxic plant according to the ASPCA. The animals that are the most likely to be effected by the toxins in the Rose of Sharon are cats, dogs and horses. It is thought that the flowers have a pleasant taste and are especially tempting to dogs.

Read more: Rose of Sharon Toxicity | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6799112_rose-sharon-toxicity.html#ixzz0wX5aTpcb

On the other hand the rose of Sharon is in the hibiscus family and I know chameleons eat the flowers on the hibscus plant and they are ok. It is really your call.

I don't think the plant in question is a houseplant. So, will not do good in most indoor situations, for any length of time.

+1

Found this info but dont know if it is toxic to reptiles. As the other member stated, if you are going to try it indoors it probably will not thrive.

"Cats may become ill after eating Rose of Sharon flowers.The Rose of Sharon is a toxic plant according to the ASPCA. ..."

Read more: Rose of Sharon Toxicity | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/about_6799112_rose-sharon-toxicity.html#ixzz0wX5aTpcb

According to the ASPCA, everything is toxic. Ignore that ASPCA list. It is without any citations of literature. It has little relevance for our animals.

The plant you show is _Hibiscus syriacus_, and as the others said, it is not a plant that will adapt to household conditions. There are a great number of modern hibiscus hybrids that can be grown as houseplants. I suggest you find one of them. These hybrids are widely available, and should be easy to find good nurseries in summertime.

i also bought two of these as hibiscus for outside and wanted to put it in my cages and you can feecd it to tortoises

Back
Top Bottom