Indoor Chams and D3

Metric

How much more D3 does an indoor Veiled need vs. an outdoor one? Is dusting with calcium powder w/D3 twice a week enough for an indoor? I'm trying to figure out a good supplement schedule for a 9 Month old male veiled. Any suggestions? (links to good products would be excellent)

thanks!

Actually a dusting of calcium with D3 once a week should do the trick. You should also dust your feeders several times a week with calcium without D3 and once or twice a month you should use a multivitamin. Here's a link of some of the best supplement products. :D

http://www.repcal.com/supp.htm

Keep in mind that Rep Cal calcium with D3 has a lot more D3 than Zoomed's calcium with D3. Consider the differences when utilising these products within your supplementation schedule.

our vet said no d3

We took our Veiled cham into the vet today for a checkup and she said its better to have a good lighting system with uvb available and dust the bugs with calcium (no d3) once or twice a week.

She also said to offer the feeders a "salad" of greens & insectivore fare.

good luck!

We took our Veiled cham into the vet today for a checkup and she said its better to have a good lighting system with uvb available and dust the bugs with calcium (no d3) once or twice a week.

She also said to offer the feeders a "salad" of greens & insectivore fare.

good luck!

for an adult yes, for a growing baby or juvie i would disagree.

Here is what i use.

calcium w/o d3 4-5 times a week
calcium w/ d3 2x monthly
Multivitamin 2x monthly
I also use Minerall (outdoor) once or so a month.

an outdoor chameleon would not need nearly as much D3 as they get it from the sun.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom