How old are these girls?

Sepioteuthis

I picked up 2 jacksonii females at the MARS show today. They are supposedly CB but I have some serious doubts about that. Atleast they look to be in very good shape.

I don't have any pictures yet, but I did weigh and measure them. They are 15 gr and 3" SVL so they are still juveniles / sub adults. Anyone want to take a guess at how old they are?
Yeah, I know growth rates vary and it's hard to tell age from size alone. But I would still really appreciate your input.

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow.

thanks!
Suzanne

Wich vendor did you get it from?
LLL Reptile. They were the only ones that had females.

Didn't see you at the show BTW. I looked for you and other people I was supposed to say hi to, but no luck. Other than Chuck I didn't see anyone I know. lol.

Ok, I changed my mind and took some pictures today anyway. :D

So here they are:

Mara..
_DSC7513.jpg

..and Jade
_DSC7512.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. I miss my jacksons:( I wish I could have gone to the show but coudnt. I know I will have to get something anyway so it might be a good thing:rolleyes: Im glad you found what you were looking for!

I'd say maybe 7-8 months old, based on raising babies of xanth and jack jack. Anyone know if Jackson's are seasonal breeders in Hawai'i?

Very nice. I miss my jacksons:( I wish I could have gone to the show but coudnt. I know I will have to get something anyway so it might be a good thing:rolleyes: Im glad you found what you were looking for!
Thanks! Yeah, jacksons are fun, aren't they. Did you ever breed them?

I'd say maybe 7-8 months old, based on raising babies of xanth and jack jack.
Cool. In your experience, at what age/size do they start reproducing? The guy I bought the from said they kept the males and females all in one cage and I'm wondering what the chances are that these girls have already mated.

No I never bred them. My first cham was a CB male xanth from a local breeder. It took me 3 years after the first to get another and now I have tons!!!

LLL Reptile. They were the only ones that had females.

Didn't see you at the show BTW. I looked for you and other people I was supposed to say hi to, but no luck. Other than Chuck I didn't see anyone I know. lol.
Oh, I didnt like the LLL booth at all, I talked to chuck and the people from cleanline chameleons:)I had a good time talking to em. Both had really good booths I thought.

Back
Top Bottom