Hot at night

Rosco

The weather has been very hot during the days and warm at night. The temp has been low to mid 70's at night. All the windows are opened for ventalation and the ceiling fan is on as well. Is their anything I can do to help my Cham sleep and cool down the room besides a/c

The weather has been very hot during the days and warm at night. The temp has been low to mid 70's at night. All the windows are opened for ventalation and the ceiling fan is on as well. Is their anything I can do to help my Cham sleep and cool down the room besides a/c

Veiled Chameleons can withstand night time temps into the 40's. A good night time temp is between 60 and 65 degrees f.
MAybe ice packs ontop of your cage honestly i keep my house at 75ish and at night so thats ok the reason you want it cold is It slows down their metabolism and facilitates heavy sleeping. They will not rest well at night with temps that are too high.
But mine is pretty fine i believe personal opinion others will chime in

I know panthers prefer almost ten degrees cooler. I can always try ice packs but hopefully there is a more effective way.

This maybe just a suggestion but I have a small fan that I keep on at night. I point it towards my cage. I don't point it directly at my cage just because I don't no how cool it will get during the night and i keep it at the lowest setting but it does keep the cham a bit cooler And the cage temp a bit lower

I have a overhead fan that is on, so without directly aiming a smaller one at the cage I don't think it will do much?

I have a overhead fan that is on, so without directly aiming a smaller one at the cage I don't think it will do much?

IDEA! they do make fans that let you control the air that flows through it like one of those air cooling fans that let you adjust the temp of the air coming out! Good luck!

Those fans sound awesome, but are prolly expensive for a decent one. Sounds like a swamp cooler. A small size one would work great.

that is fine. My house is 73 degrees with the AC on and my chameleon sleeps like a baby every night. I don't think you need to go to the extreme of ice packs on the cage honestly.

Those fans sound awesome, but are prolly expensive for a decent one. Sounds like a swamp cooler. A small size one would work great.

Ya just get a small fan mess with the setting and see if it takes. My fan is about the size of a soccer ball and it was about ten bucks.

If I notice a health issue arise then I'll defiantly get a fan. Carol does your cham still sleep with a bright white appearance or is it darker when it's hot out. The reason I fret is because his color why he sleeps is darker than normal.

Back
Top Bottom