Is my Cham too hot at night ?

If you're struggling to give her meds to her directly, you could always inject it into one of her feeders. Horn, Silk, & Wax worms seem to work best. Just need an insulin syringe and don't place any other feeders into her enclosure until you've seen her eat the medicated bug. This would seem to be the less stressful approach for both the keeper and the kept IMO.

Enrofloxacin ( Baytril I’m assusing ) for her respiratory infection , orally every 24 hours.
Ok so getting her temps on point is going to be very important. If orally given you have to aim towards the back of the throat or you can aspirate them. Look at this link for proper admin of meds. http://www.muchadoaboutchameleons.com/2014/05/how-to-give-different-medicines.html

You need to make sure the dripper is going and dripping on the plants during the day. Baby will need constant access to water. Also make sure the feeders you have are small. Crickets should be no larger than a 1/4 inch in size.

Yea she has all the signs on a respiratory infection and she went to the vet yesterday which confirmed it but I’m hoping it’s the early stage….it most likely came from her living area in the pet store then being transferred to two other locations was stressful so I’m doing my best to hopefully keep her down. I bought the 75 watt bulb and the uvb is a reptisun fixture t5 , it was what I got to fit her cage for now. I can try getting more pics but shes turning darker and going to the very top. She won’t turn to the other side.
Your fine. I do not need to see more pics. I just saw how inflamed her nasal was and figured she could have an RI which you already caught :).

So I can not read if that is a reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 bulb. 75 watt is going to be way too hot at the distances it is being used at. She could get a thermal burn or end up dehydrated. You want no hotter than 80. I would remove the vines below the heat bulb. Personally I would reduce bulb wattage to a 60 watt regular incandescent white bulb. I would not use the basking bulbs that say focused heat or have a flat bottom to them. They tend to be far to strong.

Your fine. I do not need to see more pics. I just saw how inflamed her nasal was and figured she could have an RI which you already caught :).

So I can not read if that is a reptisun 5.0 or 10.0 bulb. 75 watt is going to be way too hot at the distances it is being used at. She could get a thermal burn or end up dehydrated. You want no hotter than 80. I would remove the vines below the heat bulb. Personally I would reduce bulb wattage to a 60 watt regular incandescent white bulb. I would not use the basking bulbs that say focused heat or have a flat bottom to them. They tend to be far to strong.
aww oh no , thank you so much I will fix that right away , I'm about to arrive at the pet store to get her bugs and other stuff as well. 🖤

A couple ideas I've done myself - ice packs to help cool the enclosure down (really tedious but it works), an AC in the room for night, adjusting basking light time and any plant lights to turn off sooner to help the enclosure cool off in the evening. Is it cooler outside at night? Can you open a window for a while

A couple ideas I've done myself - ice packs to help cool the enclosure down (really tedious but it works), an AC in the room for night, adjusting basking light time and any plant lights to turn off sooner to help the enclosure cool off in the evening. Is it cooler outside at night? Can you open a window for a while?
What portable ac unit would u recommend.

The one I have is quite large, reading that you do not have a lot of space I worry the one I have won't work for you.

Do you have a window you could install an AC unit in? One like that would not take up space in your room.
I would be able to make space for it if I moved stuff around, not exactly , my sister's mother may not like that idea and cause problems....

Back
Top Bottom