Hornworms

I order from Mulberry Farms so I can get horns and silks. But eggs are cheaper if you have the time to hatch them out and grow them!

When you guys order you're hornworms from mulberry do you hold for pick up or do not hold for pick up?

Usually when they are tiny babies I don't put them in the fridge, if you plan to. Not until they are about 1/2 an inch long. And they eat a lot, so I usually buy extra chow.

I don't think so, in my opinion the cricket Crack would be to moist and even if the hornworms did eat it, it would cause for disgustingly messy feces. It is most likely they wouldn't be able to survive on it if they did eat it. However there are supposedly other things you can feed them.

I don't think so, in my opinion the cricket Crack would be to moist and even if the hornworms did eat it, it would cause for disgustingly messy feces. It is most likely they wouldn't be able to survive on it if they did eat it. However there are supposedly other things you can feed them.
what is the hornworm chow made from

Lots of things, there is a technical recipe to create your own, but the cost of the items it takes to get is a lot and some of the ingredients are hard to find. the hornworm chow recipe that is online is grain based and has a lot of weird products in it that I wouldn't consider healthy. However I don't know what the chow that is sold that is pre-made is made out of. But I know you can't powder the homemade recipe once you make it, it goes bad in 7 days and the final ingredient when you make it activates it. If it's made wrong in any way it doesn't work or the worms won't eat it. If you want the recipe I can email it you, however I would just feed leafy greens that the hornworms will eat.

Because there is no nutritional value in the homemade recipe. Not sure about the one that is sold.

Back
Top Bottom