Food is expensive help

hzliedmond

Established Member
Hello I just wanna know where do u guys order live food from ? I can't keep spending 12 dollars ever 3 days only for Dubia roaches looking for a mixture off foods to order please

Hello I just wanna know where do u guys order live food from ? I can't keep spending 12 dollars ever 3 days only for Dubia roaches looking for a mixture off foods to order please
My biggest recommendation is starting your own Dubai colony and then you can use crickets,bsfl,silkworms as occasional feeders. I’d recommend getting atleast 50 adult Dubai’s and keeping the temps in the upper 80s with moderate humidity and they’ll be producing in no time a lot cheaper then buying roaches every few days

I buy my crickets from Josh’s frogs. I get 1,000 at a time which will last my 3 chams a minute. If you order though Amazon you don’t pay shipping. (Cricket bin attached)

I order my dubia, bsfl, wax worms and supers from dubia.com. They often have deals, you can keep most of those bugs in the containers they are in or you can put them in a bigger bin like my crickets.

I’d suggest getting a lot of bsfl and using those as your main feeder. They are super cheap and really easy to keep. They just stink a little.

Attachments

• IMG_7612.jpeg
    IMG_7612.jpeg
    222.4 KB · Views: 36
I buy my crickets from Josh’s frogs. I get 1,000 at a time which will last my 3 chams a minute. If you order though Amazon you don’t pay shipping. (Cricket bin attached)

I order my dubia, bsfl, wax worms and supers from dubia.com. They often have deals, you can keep most of those bugs in the containers they are in or you can put them in a bigger bin like my crickets.

I’d suggest getting a lot of bsfl and using those as your main feeder. They are super cheap and really easy to keep. They just stink a little.
Do you only get crickets from Josh’s but through Amazon and not their website? I’ve had terrible luck with Fluker’s shipping USPS to me. Two of my three orders have gone MIA with usps. I’m looking for alternatives for crickets

Do you only get crickets from Josh’s but through Amazon and not their website? I’ve had terrible luck with Fluker’s shipping USPS to me. Two of my three orders have gone MIA with usps. I’m looking for alternatives for crickets
To reduce the odds of shipping errors, I try to buy from vendors who aren’t too far from me...at least on the same side of the country.
There are several other staple feeders. Lately lots of members have been feeding grasshoppers and some are breeding their own. https://feedmychameleon.com/ Having a roach colony is always a good idea. Most have dubia and those of us in Florida have discoid, which are very similar. Silkworms are one of my favorite feeders. I buy eggs to hatch from one of the forum sponsors and then raise them up. Lots go through all of the life stages until cocooning and emerging as a moth and then they make new eggs I can store in a warm fridge. They can be a bit tricky at times, but well worth the effort.
Regardless of where you get your feeders from, you most definitely want and need to feed a variety.
IMG_0151.jpeg

To reduce the odds of shipping errors, I try to buy from vendors who aren’t too far from me...at least on the same side of the country.
There are several other staple feeders. Lately lots of members have been feeding grasshoppers and some are breeding their own. https://feedmychameleon.com/ Having a roach colony is always a good idea. Most have dubia and those of us in Florida have discoid, which are very similar. Silkworms are one of my favorite feeders. I buy eggs to hatch from one of the forum sponsors and then raise them up. Lots go through all of the life stages until cocooning and emerging as a moth and then they make new eggs I can store in a warm fridge. They can be a bit tricky at times, but well worth the effort.
Regardless of where you get your feeders from, you most definitely want and need to feed a variety.
View attachment 349827
Thanks a lot! I provide my guy with Dubia, and crickets. I’ve given some hornworms on occasion, super worms as well. Recently got some bsfl, but he only ate them if I placed them in front of him. Same with roaches, he really only eats crickets from his feeder on his own. He goes crazy for crickets 🤷‍♂️ also I’m in Ohio

Thanks a lot! I provide my guy with Dubia, and crickets. I’ve given some hornworms on occasion, super worms as well. Recently got some bsfl, but he only ate them if I placed them in front of him. Same with roaches, he really only eats crickets from his feeder on his own. He goes crazy for crickets 🤷‍♂️ also I’m in Ohio
Joshsfrogs.com is located in Michigan and has a variety of feeders. Dubiaroaches.com also has a variety and is in Kansas. Ghann.com has crickets and is in Georgia. I can’t find out where they are located, but thecritterdepot.com is another vendor of a variety of feeders. I believe all of these do take care to ensure you get live crickets in the winter, which includes not shipping when the weather will be extreme. Many also have live arrival guarantee for overnight shipping. The only time I ever had a shipping problem was during winter in the time of Covid and I ordered from Rainbowmealworms.com, who is in California. My 500 or 1,000 crickets spent the weekend in Chicago somewhere and when they finally arrived a week later, there was no need to even open the box. Rainbow mealworms though was so awesome about it and offered to make good with another shipment.
Going to reptile cons is a great way to get a variety of feeders and often there are some for free.

I use dubiaroaches.com. If you go to their website they have a little banner at the top of the page that nearly always has coupon codes. They also have a loyalty program where you earn points through purchases and then get $ off your other orders. I only have one Cham and order once or twice a month. Sometimes they even send extra bugs for free. And they always seem to throw in a few extra of whatever I order.

Joshsfrogs.com is located in Michigan and has a variety of feeders. Dubiaroaches.com also has a variety and is in Kansas. Ghann.com has crickets and is in Georgia. I can’t find out where they are located, but thecritterdepot.com is another vendor of a variety of feeders. I believe all of these do take care to ensure you get live crickets in the winter, which includes not shipping when the weather will be extreme. Many also have live arrival guarantee for overnight shipping. The only time I ever had a shipping problem was during winter in the time of Covid and I ordered from Rainbowmealworms.com, who is in California. My 500 or 1,000 crickets spent the weekend in Chicago somewhere and when they finally arrived a week later, there was no need to even open the box. Rainbow mealworms though was so awesome about it and offered to make good with another shipment.
Going to reptile cons is a great way to get a variety of feeders and often there are some for free.
Thank you so much for this information! I buy everything from dubia.com with 0 issues, I’ve just had such terrible luck with USPS out of Louisiana from Fluker’s though! I’m about to place an order with Josh’s since they’re closer and hope for the best. My guy just loves crickets the most and I can’t get a reliable source yet

Back
Top Bottom