Hera (Parsonii girl) Having Surgery

jannb

Chameleon Enthusiast
I wanted to let everyone know that Hera had been loosing weight and not eating much so I took her along with my two senior citizen panthers to Dr. Doug Mader's Monday. Hera has old eggs that are calcified and one looked really big in the X-rays. Dr. Mader said those eggs really need to come out and there's no way she could lay them. Surgery scares me to death every time he mentions it. He said he really thought they need to come out but when he saw my reaction to surgery he gave her a B12 injection and says she'd had the eggs for awhile so maybe I could get her eating again. I offered her several different feeders the past few days and she didn't show interest in anything. Dr. Alfonso recommends to get surgery right away before she gets weak. Right now she still looks good and if she's strong she will have a better chance getting through the surgery. Dr. Alfonso said if she ovulates again, or when she ovulates again, it could prove to be a bigger issue.

I just lost my panther Jr. Tuesday. https://www.chameleonforums.com/i-lost-my-sweet-little-man-jr-today-118540/
I will be totally devastated if I have to loose another one this week. Please keep Hera in your thoughts and prayers.

Oh no Jann! It is just not fair! At least you discovered the issue while she is still strong and can handle the surgery, and average keeper would have let it progress much further before taking action... You and Hera will be in my thoughts.

I did not see the thread about Jr., I am so sorry to hear about his passing. He was just so handsome and really reminds me of my Malcolm.

I am so impressed by the way you handle all these medical issues. You do everything you can to help your chameleons and you don't let the sadness of loss affect your ability to enjoy them while they are with us. Keep staying strong Jann

Oh, no! :( I'll keep you and yours in my thoughts, Jannb. I hope her surgery goes flawless and she feels better soon.

We're not gonna loss Hera! You've had far too much sadness lately. I will be keeping you guys in my thoughts and prayers x

So sorry to hear this Jann. I missed your post on Jr. Very sorry to hear of his passing, but obviously he had a wonderful life with you. It is plain to see how much he was loved and cared for.

I will be keeping you and your beautiful girl in my thoughts. Keep us posted.

I will be wishing well for beautiful Hera.

Do not be afraid, there can only be one outcome. She will be an old lady standing on the picture branch.

Stay positive and picture the outcome being smooth and happy. I will.

Jann your luck has to turn around! There is only so much bad luck one person can have, and you have way passed that point. Hoping and praying for Hera to be fine again.

My goodness girl! I can only imagine how stressful all of these problems are for you and your babies. :(

I really really really hope everything is ok in the end.

oh geese Jann, I just saw this- UGH- these darn girls !!! I know the panic you are feeling - what is going on with all these chams? panters not eating ( seems like there has been tons of those lately, and all these girls keeping these darn eggs - I will pray for you and your girl , and again sorry , I did not even see the post about your little guy passing away - :(
be strong- and she already has better odds than most- she has YOU ;)

I am so sorry for you loss of you little boy...
I will send as many well wishes as possible yor way that your lady makes a full and speedy recovery.

I will definately keep her in my thoughts. She is such a sweet and young girl so she will recover in no time!

Hera is in my prayers. Hope all goes well for her!
This is so often the way things go when keeping chameleons...smooth sailing for a while then a series of troubles....hope you are on your way back to smooth sailing. Just hang in here!

Wishing Hera all the best on her surgery tomorrow. Sorry you are having such a run of bad luck with your crew. It seems like it comes in waves sometimes. Sending positive thoughts your way. Let us know how she does. Fingers crossed! Like I have said before, it does not matter sometimes how well you take care of them...things can just go wrong with no fault to you.

One of my parsonii girls needed this very same surgery a few years back, and she bounced back very quickly after the operation:)
My vet was able to save the ovaries, here is his contact info in
case you or your vets would like to discuss the procedure with him:
Dr. Adolf K. Maas
The center for bird and exotic animal medicine
11401 Ne 195th St
Bothell, WA 98011
(425) 486-9000
Good luck!

Jann there's no need to worry, I'm sorry to hear the bad news, but Hera is a big beautiful girl and will have the surgery and shell be as good as new! :D

Back
Top Bottom