Does anyone else’s cham do this? - Receptive to gravid

MangoTango

Established Member
Was wondering if anyone else’s cham does this, when my girl is receptive and then she’s about to be gravid, she goes thru this one day uncomfortable stage. She moves her body in an S-shape, her eyes are a littleeee sunken in, she’s a nasty color, and doesn’t want food. not to mention totally puffed up. but then the next day or two, she’s totally fine, eats again, and eventually lays normally. last time she did all of this, I brought her to the vet (a VERY good vet btw) and he said she’s probably just going to lay soon but we got x-rays anyway, it was only 30 eggs, so nothing totally crazy, and she laid perfectly fine about 2 days after the x-ray. so clearly, whatever this is, she bounces back from. I happen to think it’s the “switch” from receptive to gravid. anyone else’s do this?

Attachments

• IMG_4068.jpeg
    IMG_4068.jpeg
    150.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4069.jpeg
    IMG_4069.jpeg
    167.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4070.jpeg
    IMG_4070.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4071.jpeg
    IMG_4071.jpeg
    179.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4072.png
    IMG_4072.png
    516.8 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_4073.png
    IMG_4073.png
    511.1 KB · Views: 5
Stella hasn’t laid for a couple of years now and I don’t recall her doing that. I do see my leopard geckos squirming in an ‘s’ after feeding them sometimes. I’ve been assuming they do it to help push their food down. If she does it a few days before laying, maybe she’s just uncomfortable and trying to reposition the eggs. Even though 30 isn’t a huge amount, it has to be a bit uncomfortable at times.

Stella hasn’t laid for a couple of years now and I don’t recall her doing that. I do see my leopard geckos squirming in an ‘s’ after feeding them sometimes. I’ve been assuming they do it to help push their food down. If she does it a few days before laying, maybe she’s just uncomfortable and trying to reposition the eggs. Even though 30 isn’t a huge amount, it has to be a bit uncomfortable at times.
exactly what I was thinking ! hopefully it’s just discomfort and nothing major. thank you!

Back
Top Bottom