help deciding a new cage

ChamFreak

Avid Member
I keep sitting here going back and forth about what cage looks better ect. I keep looking at the canvas chams cages and dragon strand cages. I sure I will have many say both are good but investing money in a cage is serious to me since its the foundation and I want the best for my dollar.

I like them both, with dragon strand I cant tell if the medium cage is big enough for a male panther.

with canvas, says take 2 weeks? does it come assembled or do you build it?

guess I just want to make sure its a well built cage and to determine if one is better than another

With Canvas Chams you can have them build the size you want. I think I'm going with a custom made cage for me. I have been looking for about a year now and between size, looks, and inside design I can't seem to find anything else. My cages to me are a show piece on the outside as well as on the inside. My frilled dragon has a jungle to run in and the outside is a nice piece of furniture to match my home decor. So I have my eye on two items so far on craigslist and will use that as a base then rebuild some areas of it.

They are both nice cages, but if you're going for looks, I think the Dragon Strand cages look nicer (Had to look them both up so I only saw a few models). I would go for those, if I had the money to get them for all my chams. Personally, I would just try to go for the largest that space would allow. Your chameleons will be worshipping you. Headbob.

Dragon Strand cages

I suspect I will be considered biased in this discussion so I will just add that you would want the Large Breeder or Keeper size for a male pardalis (the medium works for a female).
I'd be happy to answer any questions about my product line.
Bill Strand

I have both and my suggestion is to get one of each and get another chameleon :) - I'm happy with each - both come so that you have to screw them together but if I can do it anyone can-

Shawn,

I believe you would be very happy with both cages and you can't go wrong with one from either us here at Canvas or from Bill at Dragonstrand. We both take a lot of pride in our work and want to provide the best for our chameleons as well.

We do have a little bit of a lead time on orders as we are a little behind right now so that is why we stated about two weeks for delivery. If you need the cage prior to a specific date for any reason, please just let us know and we will try to work something out to ensure you have your cage when you need it.

As for sizes, I agree with Bill. I would recommend a large cage from Dragonstrand or our Fortress Series Cage for a male panther.

Hope this helps!

What do you guys think of this size of a cage? The dims are 36" L X 20" D X 68" H. That would be usable space inside. I would like to house an adult panther.

Back
Top Bottom