gravid or not?

It's hard to know what it is without a picture.
I doubt it's anything to worry much about .... but a picture would help:).

-Brad

It happens more often than not. Females of most species especially veiled and panther can lay eggs without being bred. You can slow egg development by a limited diet but that doesn't always work.

That is why every person who knows anything about chameleons would never recommend a female to a beginner.

pics of light patch!

Here are some pics of Tilly and the light patch which has developed on and around her vent. Any ideas???? She is still dehydrated and has not pooped for a couple of days.... but is eating and drinking well at the moment, is moving around OK and seems OK in herself. Any ideas as to what is going on here would be much appreciated, Could impaction cause this? She did not eat anything for a long time while gravid and then was starving once she layed her eggs.... and now she isn't pooping?

Attachments

• till4chamf.JPG
    till4chamf.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 118
  • till4chamf1.JPG
    till4chamf1.JPG
    61.5 KB · Views: 107
  • tillachamf2.JPG
    tillachamf2.JPG
    51.1 KB · Views: 113
  • tilll4chamf3.JPG
    tilll4chamf3.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 111
  • till4chamf4.JPG
    till4chamf4.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Just keep her hydrated (it's good that she's drinking!)
Dust her food with calcium and give her plenty for another day or so before you cut back.
She looks fine to me.

-Brad

Poop!

just to let everyone know who was following this thread or who encounters a similar light patch on their chameleon.... Tilly pooped an enormouse amount yesterday ans the light patch is fading fast, so I can only presume that the two are related.:)

Back
Top Bottom