Gout?

New supplements coming today. He got up on his own this morning.
View attachment 353157
Seems like his shed is going rather slow. Anything I can do to help him?
Honestly does not surprise me that the shed is taking longer since he is on meds right now. Just let it do its thing and make sure your daytime humidity levels are hitting that 40-50% range that Panthers need.

Honestly does not surprise me that the shed is taking longer since he is on meds right now. Just let it do its thing and make sure your daytime humidity levels are hitting that 40-50% range that Panthers need.
It's a bit high rn. Think I fixed it by adding another heat lamp.

IMG_6490.jpeg

He's still got a good amount on him.

He still has his tail covered. Can't that cause problems?

That is very good to hear. Hopefully he will start feeling a lot better now.
Hopefully. I'm trying to fix his nighttime humidity levels which was definitely a problem. I've run into a bit of a paradox though. Chameleon academy says "Stagnant air, regardless of how humid, is unhealthy." However decreasing air flow seems to be the only way to keep humidity in the cage enough to get the humidity levels anywhere close to high enough.

Hopefully. I'm trying to fix his nighttime humidity levels which was definitely a problem. I've run into a bit of a paradox though. Chameleon academy says "Stagnant air, regardless of how humid, is unhealthy." However decreasing air flow seems to be the only way to keep humidity in the cage enough to get the humidity levels anywhere close to high enough.
What type of cage do you have? You still want a chimney effect with air coming up and out of the enclosure, but beyond a screen top and a small chunk of the front being a screen for that airflow, you can hybridize the enclosure by doing solid walls/door or, if you have a screen cage, you'll want to cover at least the sides and back with a shower curtain, or I used that shrink wrap stuff for window insulation in the winter.

Also, a large number of plants in the enclosure REALLY helps keep humidity up too. I need to go buy some more plants - I live in New Mexico and I struggle with a full hybrid cage to keep humidity up for my guy, and many of his plants have died, so it's time to replace them... Sigh.

And finally, you CAN mist more, as long as the cage dries out between mistings, and you avoid it during the warmest part of the day. Do you have an automatic mister like a Mistking?

If you can add a ton more plants this is going to actually help night time humidity within your set up. It will create pockets of much higher levels for him to bed down in.

@Beman
Saw you talking about coated vines in other threads. Are mine the type that are bad? Wondering if this could be causing his eye irritation. I catch him doing the eye squish thing a lot.

@Beman
Saw you talking about coated vines in other threads. Are mine the type that are bad? Wondering if this could be causing his eye irritation. I catch him doing the eye squish thing a lot.
yes, these are the same ones. The coating flakes off so when they rub their face on them they can get tiny sand like pieces in their eyes. If there are not daytime misting sessions this does not allow them the ability to try to clean and rotate the eyes to get things out of it. Moss vines are not recommended either due to bacteria build up and they tend to stay moist on their feet. Flukers makes a fake vine which is the only one I would use. But these too will degrade and the foam will eventually start coming off.

yes, these are the same ones. The coating flakes off so when they rub their face on them they can get tiny sand like pieces in their eyes. If there are not daytime misting sessions this does not allow them the ability to try to clean and rotate the eyes to get things out of it. Moss vines are not recommended either due to bacteria build up and they tend to stay moist on their feet. Flukers makes a fake vine which is the only one I would use. But these too will degrade and the foam will eventually start coming off.
Ok I'll get those replaced. Completely unrelated but I've noticed he has terrible aim and sometimes his tongue stops short. Any idea what could cause that? He still eats fine but has to shoot from really close to not miss.

Ok I'll get those replaced. Completely unrelated but I've noticed he has terrible aim and sometimes his tongue stops short. Any idea what could cause that? He still eats fine but has to shoot from really close to not miss.
So this is most commonly linked to a supplement issue. What supplements are you using and what is the frequency?

Back
Top Bottom