Gout?

IMG_6451.jpeg

Doing the same thing as yesterday where he's awake but not really moving. He also is leaving one eye shut rn.

Gave him some food and that seems to have gotten him going.

Last edited:
I think he may have
View attachment 353049
Doing the same thing as yesterday where he's awake but not really moving. He also is leaving one eye shut rn.

Gave him some food and that seems to have gotten him going.
Nv he's like fully awake and looking around with one eye but the other he's closing. He's been rubbing his head a lot and closing and opening his eyes like there's something in them recently. Seems like this is more of an eye issue then the closing eyes cause he's sick thing?

So the distance is based on just bulb to branch and it doesn't matter if his height makes him closer to bulb?
distance is based on the fixture type, bulb strength and material the light has to pass through. Distance from screen to branch with fixture sitting right on the top like yours would be 8-9 inches. It will put him in that 3-4 UVI range at his back. Which is correct.

distance is based on the fixture type, bulb strength and material the light has to pass through. Distance from screen to branch with fixture sitting right on the top like yours would be 8-9 inches. It will put him in that 3-4 UVI range at his back. Which is correct.
I think since it's at an angle its only 8-9 part of the way and possibly closer to 7 higher up.

After grabbing him and giving him his second dose of fortaz he went up to the basking spot and has stayed awake and looking around. Idk why physically moving him gets him going and acting normal.

After grabbing him and giving him his second dose of fortaz he went up to the basking spot and has stayed awake and looking around. Idk why physically moving him gets him going and acting normal.
I honestly think it is the stress involved with the activity. When they do not feel good they just do not act normal. They will stay low in the cage, not move around, and can close their eyes. This is the symptom of being sick for them. Kinda like when we are sick we do not want to get out of bed and go to work.

I honestly think it is the stress involved with the activity. When they do not feel good they just do not act normal. They will stay low in the cage, not move around, and can close their eyes. This is the symptom of being sick for them. Kinda like when we are sick we do not want to get out of bed and go to work.
Hopefully he starts feeling better since I think the antibiotics are working as far as the RI. He could have other issues on top of the RI though.

Hopefully he starts feeling better since I think the antibiotics are working as far as the RI. He could have other issues on top of the RI though.
Yeah I hope so too. I would try packing that cage full of plants though. I think it would help him feel more secure.

If I do that rn and then it turns out he has parasites will I have to trash all the plants or just the soil?
Most common parasite is pinworms. This one you can just wash the leaves off really well no need to trash the plant. The worse one is coccidia... If this you would have more to be worried about because you can not thoroughly clean the enclosure with the products that would have to be used the same way you can a regular pvc wall or screen enclosure.

But during treatment the more cham friendly you can make it to reduce his stress the better.

Most common parasite is pinworms. This one you can just wash the leaves off really well no need to trash the plant. The worse one is coccidia... If this you would have more to be worried about because you can not thoroughly clean the enclosure with the products that would have to be used the same way you can a regular pvc wall or screen enclosure.

But during treatment the more cham friendly you can make it to reduce his stress the better.
Fairly certain that the pic of the egg I sent was a pinworm.
1st is my pic second is confirmed pic i found online
1710536710763.png
1710536740021.png

IMG_6464.jpeg

He's back at the bottom with I think only one eye closed. The other appears to be open and looking around. Wonder if something's wrong with that eye.

I'm gonna sound like a terrible chameleon owner for this, but I realized his repashy calcium plus lod was very expired. Could that be causing any issues?

View attachment 353090
He's back at the bottom with I think only one eye closed. The other appears to be open and looking around. Wonder if something's wrong with that eye.

I'm gonna sound like a terrible chameleon owner for this, but I realized his repashy calcium plus lod was very expired. Could that be causing any issues?
Supplements degrade over time. It is why they put an expiration date on them. So they end up not being as potent as they should be. I would replace it but I do not think this is why he has declined.

Supplements degrade over time. It is why they put an expiration date on them. So they end up not being as potent as they should be. I would replace it but I do not think this is why he has declined.
New supplements coming today. He got up on his own this morning.
IMG_6487.jpeg

Seems like his shed is going rather slow. Anything I can do to help him?

Back
Top Bottom