Furcifer Campani - Jeweled Chameleon - Photographs

Update

Finally time for another update! These last few month working with the campani has been very trying. Filled with failures and unfortunate outcomes but finally some success. Our once so tiny and precious Miss America is on her way to becoming a mom. Very recently, she finally decided it was time to breed for the first time and immediately changed to what I would now consider the first ever documented gravid colors of a captive born campani. Up till now it was just a guessing game with females as their colors are all over the map but with her it was a very clear change. As always, it is still a very long road ahead but I'm please to be one of the few following that path and still wishing for the best!

Here are a few of the little gem "Miss America":

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Miss-America-1.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Miss-America-2.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Miss-America-3.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Miss-America-4.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Miss-America-5.png

And of course we can't forget the father "Ghost":

Furcifer-Campani-Male-Canvas-Chameleons-Ghost-1.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Ghost-2.png

Furcifer-Campani-Canvas-Chameleons-Ghost-3.png

Thanks for the update Nick. Awesome photos of some gorgeous chameleons. The females colors are just gorgeous. The very best of luck for upcoming little ones.

Who said these new Furcifer species could not be bred in the USA. Nice job Nick!

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Jeremy,

So far with all of the F. campani being imported since 2012, I'm aware of 4 surviving CB individuals. Three with Nick and Amanda, and 1 with me. That is pathetic. To act like it's anything other than that is delusional.

BUT-hopefully this will lead to more captive-bred babies.

Big congrats Nick. You and Amanda are doing great with your chams. I are fully aware I plan to steal one, correct? Not sure who I need to send, Kevin, Carl, there has to be some one.:D

Big congrats Nick. You and Amanda are doing great with your chams. I are fully aware I plan to steal one, correct? Not sure who I need to send, Kevin, Carl, there has to be some one.:D

Too late, I pulled the Mona Lisa trick on them. You know, steal the original and replace with fake. :D I had to buy bleach and about 11 different spray paint colors. Pretty good fake Nick has, huh? :eek:

Jeremy,

So far with all of the F. campani being imported since 2012, I'm aware of 4 surviving CB individuals. Three with Nick and Amanda, and 1 with me. That is pathetic. To act like it's anything other than that is delusional.

BUT-hopefully this will lead to more captive-bred babies.

Kevin

I never said it was going to be easy or happen over night. After twenty years to have some positive results after only three years that is on par with some European breeders (names anonymous) is not pathetic. All these eastern forest Madagascar species are known for their difficulty to breed and learning how to breed them is going to take time, results after three years is good.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom