Furcifer Campani - Jeweled Chameleon - Photographs

Campani Male Stress Colors

Something unique I noticed with the males is their color change when stressed. Other species tend to get darker when they are upset or stressed but with the male campani they actually get lighter. I've already witnessed them becoming ghost white at times. Here are examples of two different males in a semi-stressed state.

Furcifer-Campani-Male-Canvas-Chameleons-11.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Male-Canvas-Chameleons-31.jpg

Wow! Those male stress colors are neat! Such a cool little species. I look forward to many more pictures of these guys.

Great pictures! Good continued luck with your baby Furcifer campani. Your contrast pictures between Furcifer campani and Furcifer lateralis were great.

Best Regards
Jeremy A. Rich

I wanted to highlight a few different color patterns that I've noticed the females are capable of producing. These are of four different females and they usually maintain these colors while in their cages. For the most part, they are normally a variation of green which I would contribute to their thermal regulation as with other species. However, there is one female that tends to remain extremely dark even while resting lower in her cage. I'm not sure what to make of this distinct coloration.

Furcifer-Campani-Female-Canvas-Chameleons-2.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Female-Canvas-Chameleons-3.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Female-Canvas-Chameleons-6.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Female-Canvas-Chameleons-8.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Female-Canvas-Chameleons-7.jpg

Day 52 Colors

Today is day 52 and the little one continues to be doing well. She isn't growing by leaps and bounds but I feel she has a steady growth rate. I would compare her current size to that of a newly hatch Furcifer lateralis. I continue to say her, but I don't have any form of reference so it is difficult to tell for sure. Her tail base is increasing in size yet I don't see any form of a bulge developing to date.

As for colors and patters, I'm beginning to notice a change when she is on the move and most certainly when she is hunting verse while at rest. Her normal basking/resting colors consist of a lime green body with white stripes outlined by deep oranges. Her spot colors vary but they are still visible while resting, just not as pronounced. Here are a few examples of her current resting colors.

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-2.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-1.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-9.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-8.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-10.jpg

She doesn't come out of the cage very often but since she decided to climb on my finger I couldn't help but snap a few pictures :D

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-7.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-6.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-5.jpg

Furcifer-Campani-Hatchling-Canvas-Chameleons-4.jpg

Do these guys require cages with little walk-in closets to house all their outfits? Amazing once again!

Do these guys require cages with little walk-in closets to house all their outfits? Amazing once again!

No, not a walk in closet, they need a walk in fridge for that night time temp drop. Course it wouldn't have to be very big....:D

Carpet Vs Jeweled

As promised, here are some additional pictures I took with a female Jeweled and a female Carpet. Once they are shown side by side it is hard to imagine why most think they are the same species. In the last picture the female carpet started to show off her gravid colors.

Female-Furcifer-Campani-Furcifer-Lateralis-Canvas-Chameleons-1.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campani-Furcifer-Lateralis-Canvas-Chameleons-2.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campani-Furcifer-Lateralis-Canvas-Chameleons-3.jpg

Some continued solo shots of the female Jeweled. This particular female shows more yellow than I've seen in all my other females. She is smaller in size and therefore I assume younger so I'm not sure if this yellow is related to age and development or if she just doesn't posses the typical greens. I do believe she is sexually mature as I feel she might be developing a retained clutch from the wild but I can't confirm just yet.

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-4.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-1.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-2.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-3.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-5.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-6.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-7.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-8.jpg

Female-Furcifer-Campan-Canvas-Chameleons-9.jpg

So awesome Nick. The picture of the tiny baby one your finger is killer.

I was going to enter a picture in the photo contest this month and saw you entered that one and said forget it. That's a winner!

Back
Top Bottom