fruit flies everywere.....help please!

coreyflowers1

IV always had a few fruit flies or gnats in my cham room because I gutload my crickets in the same room.but here the last few days they have.really been thick because of the fruit and veggies I gutload with.is there anything I can do to get rid of them

As a past dartfrogger, I can give a few ideas.

1. Shallow dishes w a drop of dish soap in water
2. Dish w wine
3. Dish w water and drop of cider or red wine vinegar
4. Adhesive fly strips
5. Get rid of flies and dart frogs and switch to chameleons and crickets that can be kept outside to avoid divorce......oh wait, that's me!!!

take a water bottle , cut it just under the the slanted part- so you can flip it over like a cone- or you can use a caning jar w/ a rolled up paper to make a tube- put a little apple cider vinegar in it - about an inch deep - then put a small amount ( about a 1/2 teaspoon ) of sugar, then one or two drops of liquid soap -the dish soap breaks the surface tension, tape the cone on - and they will fly in , and drowned in it- it worked grate for me - I hate those things- lol

I had them bad at one time and was given an easy fix. I couldn't believe how well it worked!!!!
Put apple cider vinager in a cup, stretch some plastic wrap over it and simply put a few slits in the plastic, place the cup in the Cham room,,,, they will come!!!!! I couldn't believe they found the little slits, they go in and can't get out/drown!!! :)

Back
Top Bottom