Found in my yard!!

StickyTongues

Look what i found in my yard. i found it just lik eit is scown in the pics. My wife says she's seen those kind of raches in our yard all the time. Usually under rocks and when shes digging in the garden. I guess i'm going to be doing a bit of hunting this weekend to see if i can find enough live ones to start a coloney.
So why are we not allowed to have these in Florida? there all over my yard!

Danny

DSCN0116.jpg

DSCN0115.jpg

DSCN0114.jpg

So why are we not allowed to have these in Florida? there all over my yard!

Lol, because they are all over your yard and should not be. Those gross things are not from Florida. They're an invasive species and they are thriving in that environment. They do not want to encourage that because then they could be everywhere in Florida! Invasive species compete with native species, and often drive the native species out, or at least compete with them for food and shelter. That's what they're trying to avoid.

They are all over here too. Im pretty sure they are dubia. Regardless, Im starting a colony from WCs for when I start keeping chams again.

Got a picture of a whole one? And perhaps the underbelly area? It might be a blaberus species, but it does resemble a dubia.

I threw it out after i took the pic. I will be looking for more this weekend. If i find some, i'll post more pics.

Danny

Back
Top Bottom