For all the girls!!!! A podcast made for us!

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Ok I am so excited about this... When I started in the hobby 5 years ago and started in the forum there were very few women here that were keepers. Nothing against all you fabulous guys at all but for me it was hard to find my place. It took a while for me to find my footing as a female. If I helped people they automatically assumed I was a guy and would thank me as such. Which I never took offense to it just was a bit frustrating. Granted my screen name did not do me any favors. LOL

SOOOOOO Look what I found on social today! Neptune the Chameleon @Gingero and Lyssa's Lizards have created a podcast just for us girls! It is called the Wild Type Podcast. I just got done watching their first episode "Dating with Reptiles" and laughed at all the things I too have experienced being a single woman with chameleons.
Looks like they have multiple ways to listen to the podcast besides youtube. I tagged Neptune the Chameleon so she could share those. I am the 38th subscriber to their youtube page for the Wild Type Podcast. Can't wait to see it grow and tune in for their new episodes. ❤️

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZ_CQdiBbjqxOCc5PnWjLw

Ok I am so excited about this... When I started in the hobby 5 years ago and started in the forum there were very few women here that were keepers. Nothing against all you fabulous guys at all but for me it was hard to find my place. It took a while for me to find my footing as a female. If I helped people they automatically assumed I was a guy and would thank me as such. Which I never took offense to it just was a bit frustrating. Granted my screen name did not do me any favors. LOL

SOOOOOO Look what I found on social today! Neptune the Chameleon @Gingero and Lyssa's Lizards have created a podcast just for us girls! It is called the Wild Type Podcast. I just got done watching their first episode "Dating with Reptiles" and laughed at all the things I too have experienced being a single woman with chameleons.
Looks like they have multiple ways to listen to the podcast besides youtube. I tagged Neptune the Chameleon so she could share those. I am the 38th subscriber to their youtube page for the Wild Type Podcast. Can't wait to see it grow and tune in for their new episodes. ❤️

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXZ_CQdiBbjqxOCc5PnWjLw
Oh my gosh this is so exciting!!!! Subscribing now!!!

What’s Ghostbirb mean that I’m missing?
It’s kind of strange. First I really like birds and a birb is a round cute bird, whereas a borb is a bird who take roundness to the extreme! I’ve debated about changing the birb to borb but I’ve had birb for awhile here and that it might confuse people if I change it.
As for the ghost part, it was an inside joke with some friends that my dog’s farts killed me and I turned into a ghost.
So ya! Ghostbirb :)

Here’s a fun little explanation I found online
IMG_1867.jpeg

Maybe we should make a separate thread for fun username explanations 🤔

Thank you so much for the kind words and support!! We are so excited to be able to create a space for the reptile girlies in the community and guys are always welcome to tune in :) It's a video podcast so you can watch it on YouTube, but you can also listen in wherever you listen to your podcasts: Spotify, Apple, Amazon, & Google!

Also be on the lookout for giveaways happening on our social media pages @thewildtypepodcast! Today we announced that we're giving away FREE Dragon Strand ledges, a Dubia.com enclosure, and Dubia.com store credit with more giveaways to come!

Here is the first episode:

Thank you so much for the kind words and support!! We are so excited to be able to create a space for the reptile girlies in the community and guys are always welcome to tune in :) It's a video podcast so you can watch it on YouTube, but you can also listen in wherever you listen to your podcasts: Spotify, Apple, Amazon, & Google!

Also be on the lookout for giveaways happening on our social media pages @thewildtypepodcast! Today we announced that we're giving away FREE Dragon Strand ledges, a Dubia.com enclosure, and Dubia.com store credit with more giveaways to come!

Here is the first episode:

an awesome thing to do when your sick and dont have to go anywhere! I really enjoyed this episode today :)

I follow Lyssa on Tik ToK and thought it was cool when I found out you guys were friends. I’ll definitely be checking out your podcast! 💗

Back
Top Bottom