Feeding

My chameleon stopped eating all together about a week ago except for the occasional nibble on a Pothos plant. It was suggested to me that she is bored of crickets. My sister and mother despise roaches so Dubais are out. I know hornworms, Phoenix worms, and butter worms are options. I've had bad experiences with super worms so those were ruined for me. Can someone tell me the ups and downs of those and anything else I should consider?

My chameleon stopped eating all together about a week ago except for the occasional nibble on a Pothos plant. It was suggested to me that she is bored of crickets. My sister and mother despise roaches so Dubais are out. I know hornworms, Phoenix worms, and butter worms are options. I've had bad experiences with super worms so those were ruined for me. Can someone tell me the ups and downs of those and anything else I should consider?
Silk worms are great. Easy to breed too!

Phoenix worms (black soldier fly larvae) have the highest content of calcium, don't need to be gutloaded, will survive for weeks in their container, have a soft skin...
The down side is that they are small, so if you have a large cham he might not recognize them as food.

Posting multiple threads on the same topic isn't going to change what your chameleon eats. If you are not willing/able to supply a proper diet, maybe chameleons aren't the best fit for you. The search function of this site and google will prove to be invaluable, If you're committed to the health of your pet.

Nicky my dear, I am certain I could look up multiple threads started by you during your rough beginnings with us where many of us let you know that you would need variety in your feeders. I'm not going to spend my time doing so, but I know it's out there and that you've likely argued it.

Silks, Wax, Butters, Horns, Phoenix, you can moth/fly out the wax and phoenix too if you so desired for extra fun for Chiche.

You can also get some blue bottle fly pupae, hatch some out and they usually get problem eaters to start back eating again. Good luck

Chase

Back
Top Bottom