ecozone vivarium controller

LOl, so wheres the joy in that unless your exceptionally lazy? You may aswell not keep herps, just visit the herptarium at the zoo!
Half the fun of keeping is in the maintainence and the learning. All thats missing is an automatic bug breeder and feeder.
When your husbandry is fully automated, its no longer husbandry! :)

LOl, so wheres the joy in that unless your exceptionally lazy? You may aswell not keep herps, just visit the herptarium at the zoo!
Half the fun of keeping is in the maintainence and the learning. All thats missing is an automatic bug breeder and feeder.

same could be said about automatic misters:p

I run a similar system on my coral grow out bin, the peace of mind is nice

that price tag is STEEP considering how basic the programming is

same could be said about automatic misters

Absolutely, I agree! The electric light bulbs, uv tubes, aqurium filters, even my dripper, all are devices used for convenience,
and I suppose for some, the 'super-dooper-do-it-all-for-ya-whatchamcallit' above can be said likewise. I just like to keep the 'keeper' in 'Reptile Keeper'! :)

Last edited:

I first read this as " when your HUSBAND is fully automated, he's no longer your HUSBAND".... :p SORRY off topic, but I thought it too funny not to share. :cool:

Funny you should say that, my wife thinks im fully Automated, gets upset if I 'break down' and forget to fix the leaky tap, take out the rubbish etc
I may have to explain our marrage certificate is not a warranty! :D

Call me lazy, but I am interested to learn more. (This is coming from somebody who use auto misting system for his multiple chameleon cages)
:)

You mean I can stop setting up different analog timers to shut off incandescents first and fluorescents later? Dimmable lighting?!

Remote control via ethernet?! I'm sold.

This, to me, in conjunction with a Sensaphone® means more time spent observing (and thus managing the collection) and less time programming prehistoric analog timers.

All I need now is an EcoZone iPhone App to monitor parameters remotely via WiFi or 3G.

Awesome.

Fabián

I think it's a pretty slick system, by the looks of it.... I don't think there's anything wrong with automation, particularly if you're not around all day to watch things. I'm trying to set up a big automated project right now with some tortoises, but it's basically run off of a bunch of different timers. If this was half the price, I'd buy one right now and give you all feedback, but nearing $500 is a little steep.

that price tag is STEEP considering how basic the programming is

what else would you be looking for as far as programming?

Im in the automation biz, there is no application i have been posed with that i havent come up with something.

Want to turn on the heat in your plane 3 miles away? i can do that

want to call your spa on the way home and turn it to 72 degrees? i can do that

direct control, timers, network access, contact input, contact output, basic logic all the way to if/then/else/else cross platform, serial, usb, analog, digital, wired, wireless, i mean anything anyone wants i can put together

ive said it before, but all i need is some type of auto feeder, and i can have you log on to one ip, send a signal and trigger the feeders to release prey and watch it all live on one screen, from a comp ( mac or win ) from a compatible phone i just dont have the feeder down yet

if it gets too hot, i can have a mister come on until its cooler, and then reduce an incandescent output, if ur cages are outdoors and its raining, your misters wont come on, if the night drops too low your heat comes on, monitor temp, humid, anything.

want to control it via touch screen, or in wall keypad, iphone, smart phone, ir signals, any input converted to any output
tyler you should drop me a line, seriously though.

Im in the automation biz, there is no application i have been posed with that i havent come up with something.

direct control, timers, network access, contact input, contact output, basic logic all the way to if/then/else/else cross platform, serial, usb, analog, digital, wired, wireless, i mean anything anyone wants i can put together

ive said it before, but all i need is some type of auto feeder, and i can have you log on to one ip, send a signal and trigger the feeders to release prey and watch it all live on one screen, from a comp ( mac or win ) for a compatible phone i just dont have the feeder down yet

Can you come up with an auto feeder?
Something that will gutload the crix and release 10 of them every other day?
I would probably be interested in it.
This will give me a peace of mind when I am out of town.

That controller is pretty neat, but it seems like the probes only measure temperature. If they monitored humidity and could turn on a mister or humidifier in response to that and not only temperature..... It would be very cool :cool:

Can you rig up something that calls me when someone (human or animal) unauthorized is on my property (assuming I'm not there)? My brother lives a few houses down, and is a damn good shot with a rifle.

in my sleep.................but wouldnt you want it to just shoot them automatically? :)

You mean I can stop setting up different analog timers to shut off incandescents first and fluorescents later? Dimmable lighting?!

Remote control via ethernet?! I'm sold.

This, to me, in conjunction with a Sensaphone® means more time spent observing (and thus managing the collection) and less time programming prehistoric analog timers.

All I need now is an EcoZone iPhone App to monitor parameters remotely via WiFi or 3G.

Awesome.

Fabián

Hey Fabian, do you currently use sensaphone? I have an old sensaphone 2000 that work was just going to throw away. I plan on using it. I have a heat sensor and water lever for it as well.

Last edited:

ive said it before, but all i need is some type of auto feeder, and i can have you log on to one ip, send a signal and trigger the feeders to release prey and watch it all live on one screen, from a comp ( mac or win ) from a compatible phone i just dont have the feeder down yet

if it gets too hot, i can have a mister come on until its cooler, and then reduce an incandescent output, if ur cages are outdoors and its raining, your misters wont come on, if the night drops too low your heat comes on, monitor temp, humid, anything.

want to control it via touch screen, or in wall keypad, iphone, smart phone, ir signals, any input converted to any output

for you to design something like this, what kind price are we looking at

Hey Fabian, do you currently use sensaphone? I have an old sensaphone 2000 that work was just going to through away. I plan on using it. I have a heat sensor and water lever for it as well.

Hey Ryan,

Yeah, I've been using them since I discovered them as a standard while working in the zoological industry. They've become the staple at many institutions, primarily those with aquatic habitats.

Don't throw it away! They're expensive. I'm not familiar with the 2000 model, but I think you'll love it once configured. The only down side is getting a call on your cell while at work or at three in the morning because the temperature fell (or went over) your specified level. Or even worse-- you had your cell phone on vibrate and didn't hear the call, so Sensaphone called all your other friends you programmed to call in case of emergency :)

Let me know how you like it.

Cheers!

Fabián

Obviously most large reef keepers already use something like this.

Automation is great, but comes with its own set of problems.. so don't think that its a set and forget type thing. You still need to monitor and maintain your equipment very carefully..

I know people who have lost $15,000 fish tanks because something went wrong with their controller system. It always breaks when you're out of town, ha ha

Hey Ryan,

Yeah, I've been using them since I discovered them as a standard while working in the zoological industry. They've become the staple at many institutions, primarily those with aquatic habitats.

Don't throw it away! They're expensive. I'm not familiar with the 2000 model, but I think you'll love it once configured. The only down side is getting a call on your cell while at work or at three in the morning because the temperature fell (or went over) your specified level. Or even worse-- you had your cell phone on vibrate and didn't hear the call, so Sensaphone called all your other friends you programmed to call in case of emergency :)

Let me know how you like it.

Cheers!

Fabián

Thanks Fabian

I know how relentless it can be calling you. We monitor our Data Center with one. This one is the old one and is mine now. Muahhahahaha

I have been called at all hours by this thing.

Back
Top Bottom