eating leapard geckos

You won't really have the same insects they can eat in the wild, but the best choices for insects available online and in stores are:

- Superworms
- Roaches (dubia, turkistan, etc.)
- Phoenix worms
- Silk worms
- Hornworms
- Crickets
- Butterworms
- Waxworms (as a rare treat)

I think that's it... I might be forgetting one or two. But those are the best options. Superworms, crickets, and roaches make an excellent basic diet though.

It's going to be Olimpiamartinotti.com, but it's not even hosted yet. Hopefully in two-three days I'll have it up and running. It's an art website, so there aren't going to be any animals for sale or anything :)

can you make it a virtual website i would reccomend everyone in my simmulation club to go to it if you could make it where it was a virtual chameleon website cuz im all about virtual pets:):):):):):):):):):):):):eek::eek::confused:

Lol no, it's going to be very simple. Stuff like that requires Flash and that I do some sort of animation, and I don't really have the training in that yet. I will be taking a couple animation classes, but not right now.

I feed my leopard geckos a variety. They eat mealworms, crickets, dubias, and occasionally hornworms (when they get really big and none of the chams want them anymore). My girls are pretty huge/fat though, so they'll eat almost anything I put in front of them.

I'm on several gecko forums and I know a lot of people feed mealworms as a staple, but I feed mine a variety especially because I don't always remember to buy mealworms while I always have crickets and dubias on hand.

Mine love both crickets and superworms. I'm breeding supers so always have a variety of sizes, even for hatchlings. If crickets weren't so stinky and jumpy I would breed them too. It's not so bad to buy 1000 a month tho. A lot of people feed mealworms and have for decades. As with chams, it's a good idea to have a variety, both for nutrition and in case you run out of one at least they will eat something else with no issues. An advantage to mealworms is they can be contained in a feeding dish. Hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom