does a female stay dark colored after breeding

coreyflowers1

My female finally became receptive and she was bred last night.ever since she was bred she has been stressed out and almost black.is this normal or should I b worried

Can you post photos of her please>

she may be showing gravid colors, instead of dark stress colors.

Yes, if the mating was successful she will turn dark for a few days afterward. Sometimes they will stay dark until after they lay their eggs but usually they lighten up a bit after a few days.

Sorry no pics.I'm not very good on the computer and need to find somebody to teach me how to use it. Little better.I guess I'm old school and don't wanna change with the times..lol...guess ima have to learn

She is one 13month old ambilobe. Had her a year.I h.andle her maybe once a month.I feed her crickets and suporms.six to ten crickets a day and a superworm for a treat maybe once a week.I gutload m Crickets with apple orange turnip greens carrots squash and sweet potato.I dust every feeding with calcium with no d3.d3 twic month and repashy calcium plus twice a month.she. has a dropper that is filled twice a day.I mist three times a day until the hole cage is saturated
I have never seen her drink but she is well hydrated.fecal disposition is brown with white urate. She lives n a 24x24x48 reptibreeze.she has regular house bulb for heat and a coil uvb for now.its a 10.0 fluckers.she has twelve hour cycle.her basking is about 85 andlow at night is probably 60.I measure temps with a zoomed thermometer. Just the cheap round one u can Velcro m the cage.humidity runs from 40 to 80 after a misting.she has a live shefflera and a few fake plants on the side for climbing.she. is in her own room with two males.they cannot see each other.hardly no traffic.I live in south Texas.current problem is she was bred yesterday and still looks really stressed

My girlfriend is figuring out the picture thing for me
..if she disentangle change colors by tommorow ill get her to post a picture ...thanks for all of yalls help.

She is one 13month old ambilobe. Had her a year.I h.andle her maybe once a month.I feed her crickets and suporms.six to ten crickets a day and a superworm for a treat maybe once a week.I gutload m Crickets with apple orange turnip greens carrots squash and sweet potato.I dust every feeding with calcium with no d3.d3 twic month and repashy calcium plus twice a month.she. has a dropper that is filled twice a day.I mist three times a day until the hole cage is saturated
I have never seen her drink but she is well hydrated.fecal disposition is brown with white urate. She lives n a 24x24x48 reptibreeze.she has regular house bulb for heat and a coil uvb for now.its a 10.0 fluckers.she has twelve hour cycle.her basking is about 85 andlow at night is probably 60.I measure temps with a zoomed thermometer. Just the cheap round one u can Velcro m the cage.humidity runs from 40 to 80 after a misting.she has a live shefflera and a few fake plants on the side for climbing.she. is in her own room with two males.they cannot see each other.hardly no traffic.I live in south Texas.current problem is she was bred yesterday and still looks really stressed

If she was bred yesterday and she is dark now, she is gravid. This is supposed to happen.. The female shows dark colors signaling to any male that she is not receptive.

Back
Top Bottom