Bred chameleons but no eggs?

pantherchamlove36

Established Member
I recently bred my female and male panther chameleon twice. It’s been a month now and she’s not getting swollen and doesn’t look pregnant. Is this normal? What should I be looking out for? What colors should she be? And what behaviors should I look out for? Should I breed her a third time or wait I’m told it can be a few months before she develops eggs after breeding

How old are the chameleons? When you show the female to the male how does the female react?
Can you post a photo or two of the chameleons please.
She’s like 3 and he’s about the same age. I already bred them she acted calm and receptive around him. So breeding was successful I’m just waiting on eggs now.but she doesn’t look pregnant

From the breeding to the laying should be no more than 40 days….has it been that long?

I know a long time ago, when I first bred panthers, that sometimes a female wouldn’t produce eggs. At that time I felt that not all morphs could mate with a mate from a different morph and produce viable eggs….but I had no proof. Now it seems that the morphs aren’t just different colours…but different species so what I was seeing was likely true. With all the females being so similar in colour and all the species looking very similar in shape…it’s hard to know what morph/species the females are…so maybe you have two different species/morphs?
Just a thought.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom